Isle of wight

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jerseycol, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jerseycol

Jerseycol Funster

Hi hope everyone is well, I was wondering if any of you kind people could help. does anyone live on the isle of wight who could help us with some questions about relocating there, and if anyone has taken there M/H there where would you say the best place to stay.
    Thanks
    Jerseycol:Smile:

2. golly

golly Funster

3. Jerseycol

Jerseycol Funster

Thank you.:Smile:

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

I agree with Golly j's post, we had a Red Funnel deal to Whitfield Forest site.
    I think we paid about £130 for 5 nights camping and return ferry. An excellent site with very good facilities and good transport links nearby. There is plenty to see and do on the I.O.W., the roads in places are narrow but we used public transport to get about.
    Brisey.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Jerseycol,
    I live on the island so ask away or PM me.
    Whitefield forest is a great campsite ( I personally recommend it ) we spent easter there and will be there again on the 15/16/17 of this month due to new boiler being fitted in our bungalow, any help I can give ,just tell me what things you want /like .
    Terry:sin:

6. Jerseycol

Jerseycol Funster

Thanks Terry I will PM you if that is ok. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Tez is an isle of wight person born and bred, i am Welsh and went to live there in 1996 lived they for 10 years, it's a lovely island for views and the houses are or used to be cheap.
    I prefer the east of the island as it's more built up with more going on, the west is more wild and beautiful.
    The ferries coming off are very expensive and after a while i felt a bit trapped.
    Tez and myself left the island 10 years ago now and haven't been back except for one visit by him to see his kids.
    He said he feels free now to go anywhere for miles and miles without having to use the ferry companies.
    But it's a beautiful island.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Trish & Tez, What part of the island did Tez reside, I'm from newport ,now live at carisbrooke, Agree the island is a beautiful place but frustrating about ferry cost's , up til last year we could travel during the night on the dream ticket with wightlink for £30 return but they have stopped them this year now cost's about £75 return.
    Terry :sin:

9. Welsh girl

Tez comes from whippingham originally,we lived together in godshill for 3 years until then I lived in Shanklin.
    We moved off the island in 2002.
    I would go back on one of the offers from red funnel but hate the thought of bumping into my ex husband who still lives in Newport .

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  10. Welsh girl

Phew £75 for the ferry, and for one of the shortest strips of water, we paid £24 each way to come to France where we are now touring.
    Much bigger country and more motorhomes friendly that's for sure.
    You could go all round France and not pay a cent for accommodation with a motorhome.
    Red funnel and wight link certainly has a captive audience.
    PS you might know his son who is a policeman in Newport.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  11. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi, What worries me is Tez's son might know me!!!! yes I know we paid £52 for dover / dunkirk this coming sept , going over for 16 days, have to set dates as our dog goes into kennels, off to brittany. Hope you are having a good /safe trip and the weather is kind for you ,we've been several times before, all-way's use the aires just the odd campsite (municipal )for showers etc.
    Have a nice holiday.
    Terry:sin: