Jerseycol

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Jersey channel islands
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki Fairway
Exp
Hi hope everyone is well, I was wondering if any of you kind people could help. does anyone live on the isle of wight who could help us with some questions about relocating there, and if anyone has taken there M/H there where would you say the best place to stay.
Thanks
Jerseycol:Smile:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Can't help with relocation info, but there is a member on the Isle of Wight, I think . We went over last year for a week stayed here Link Removed good site, good transport links.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I agree with Golly j's post, we had a Red Funnel deal to Whitfield Forest site.
I think we paid about £130 for 5 nights camping and return ferry. An excellent site with very good facilities and good transport links nearby. There is plenty to see and do on the I.O.W., the roads in places are narrow but we used public transport to get about.
Brisey.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Jerseycol,
I live on the island so ask away or PM me.
Whitefield forest is a great campsite ( I personally recommend it ) we spent easter there and will be there again on the 15/16/17 of this month due to new boiler being fitted in our bungalow, any help I can give ,just tell me what things you want /like .
Terry:sin:

OP
OP
Jerseycol

Jerseycol

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Jersey channel islands
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki Fairway
Exp
Hi Jerseycol,
I live on the island so ask away or PM me.
Whitefield forest is a great campsite ( I personally recommend it ) we spent easter there and will be there again on the 15/16/17 of this month due to new boiler being fitted in our bungalow, any help I can give ,just tell me what things you want /like .
Thanks Terry I will PM you if that is ok. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Tez is an isle of wight person born and bred, i am Welsh and went to live there in 1996 lived they for 10 years, it's a lovely island for views and the houses are or used to be cheap.
I prefer the east of the island as it's more built up with more going on, the west is more wild and beautiful.
The ferries coming off are very expensive and after a while i felt a bit trapped.
Tez and myself left the island 10 years ago now and haven't been back except for one visit by him to see his kids.
He said he feels free now to go anywhere for miles and miles without having to use the ferry companies.
But it's a beautiful island.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Trish & Tez, What part of the island did Tez reside, I'm from newport ,now live at carisbrooke, Agree the island is a beautiful place but frustrating about ferry cost's , up til last year we could travel during the night on the dream ticket with wightlink for £30 return but they have stopped them this year now cost's about £75 return.
Terry :sin:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Tez comes from whippingham originally,we lived together in godshill for 3 years until then I lived in Shanklin.
We moved off the island in 2002.
I would go back on one of the offers from red funnel but hate the thought of bumping into my ex husband who still lives in Newport .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Phew £75 for the ferry, and for one of the shortest strips of water, we paid £24 each way to come to France where we are now touring.
Much bigger country and more motorhomes friendly that's for sure.
You could go all round France and not pay a cent for accommodation with a motorhome.
Red funnel and wight link certainly has a captive audience.
PS you might know his son who is a policeman in Newport.

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, What worries me is Tez's son might know me!!!! yes I know we paid £52 for dover / dunkirk this coming sept , going over for 16 days, have to set dates as our dog goes into kennels, off to brittany. Hope you are having a good /safe trip and the weather is kind for you ,we've been several times before, all-way's use the aires just the odd campsite (municipal )for showers etc.
Have a nice holiday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back