Isle of Wight

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by FIDGET, Aug 17, 2011.

1. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , Anybody thinking of trip to the island ( in a 6 mtr or less m/h ) I suggest Wightlink Dream ticket, travel after 10.30pm or before 4.30am price is about £44 return but must return similar times. Terry

2. hailman

hailman Read Only Funster

Interestingly, I got a period return from the island last week, to return on Friday, for £71 which is probably the cheapest I have ever had at this time of year (7 mtr).

When I booked online it was listed as a `Motorhome special`, and there didn`t seem to be any restrictions on travel times.

I`m hoping it will last as I am going to need another ticket in a week or so`s time. Better than the £120 or so I have been quoted in the past, and up to £160 of Red Funnel in peak time. :Eeek:

3. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We're off to the IOW in 10 days.
    Booked through Red Funnel it was a special deal for CC members.
    A week at Appuldurcombe fully serviced pitch return ferry crossing both crossings mid morning, 7.7 mtr motorhome with m/bike as well £120.00 inclusive.:thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I see your taking the Bike
    Poping into the IOW Speedway Rory show em how its done:thumb:
    Geo

5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Geo, Thats a great deal, better than us islanders get when trying to get over the other way, If anyone's going to come over here there's some great deals thru the various campsites . My favourite is Whitefield forest c/site very nice site in small woods brand new toilet block. I hope you have a great holiday ,shame we are going the other way as off to france after school hols. Terry

6. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

IT cost me £100 for a week return, born and bred on the Island at Goose Island, best grub at the Crab and Lobster, mussels in white wine to die for , a bit of bugger to find pub as it is near Bembidge, at Foreland.........Del