Isle of Aran advice.

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by zaskar, Oct 7, 2012.

1. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Sorry chaps, bit late in the day to be asking this I know but hey ho:Doh::Wink:

We have a day off tomorrow and fancied taking the car over to the Isle of Arran for the day but at £86 for a poxy little Citroen C1, I'm afraid Cal Mac can take a run and jump!:Eeek:

Next idea was ferry foot passenger at about £7 each and then and island circuit bus ride at about £5 each which is a bit more paletable! Conections are slightly tight with 10 minute leeways but short of a landslide, I can't see too much of a problem. (Famous last words!:Rofl1:)
    Is it worth going?.......or would we be going for the sake of it?........cos it's an island.
    Might we be just as well doing a day tour of the lovely mainland scenery below Ayr?

Ta:thumb:

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I know the island well, my son used to live in Lochranza .. we were last there in 2010 , we left the island by taking the ferry from Lochranza to go up the west coast.

to be frank, unless you are going for fell / hill walking .. not worth it, yes, it's got some lovely scenery but not a lot else..

just my opinion

3. littlehouse

littlehouse Funster

arran

check the weather first its beautiful on a good day but no shelter if raining:thumb:

4. reader

reader Funster

Agree with ScotJimland, we have been twice

5. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

Went around the island once on my motorbike.It's nice scenery but nothing exceptional compared to the west coast generally.Can't say I would fancy busing it!:Cool: