Is yours fit for purpose? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I used all my old fire extinguishers teaching lyn and the wee man how to use a fire extinguisher it was grate fun
I have another two or three laying around the garage to have another fun time.
Yes I did take care I have ben receiving training on the use of fire extinguisher and fire fighting equipment for more years than I can remember as a fire teem leader and active member of offshore fire fighting teems
next to regular fire fighters I personally think we are very well trained both in Breathing apparatus fire and rescue
if there are any ex fire fighters I think it would be a grate thing to do at a meet funster bring there old fire extinguishers and learn how to use one grate in a controlled environment.
bill

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
if there are any ex fire fighters I think it would be a grate thing to do at a meet funster bring there old fire extinguishers and learn how to use one grate in a controlled environment.
bill

good idea Bill.. over the years I've 'played' with many 'out of date' ones.. good fun.. and can't recall one not working ..

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
might be idea for the fix it meat think theirs a few retired fire officers
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Halon replacement by the cab door, Fire blanket in the galley and a 2k dry powder in the garage, this may be supplemented by a 2litre afff foam similar to one I recently used to good effect with little mess at home.
I did my fire training with a well known Yorkshire extinguisher manufacturer.

The one in the garage is there because I was trained to exit first make sure everyone is safe and then to return and fight the fire so that you can always exit safely if the situation deteriorates

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Two new Kidde 2kg dry power fitted today..

Decided to use old ones to show Jan how and what to expect when the trigger is pulled.. and how to use..

and yes, surprise surprise, both worked ... even after more than 10 years in the van .. the garden is in some mess now.. :LOL:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back