Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Crikey ,not many recent posts here! was hoping for tips and places to stay down East coast of Ireland,beach view hopefully?........waste disposal? .......anything really :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Never been to Ireland so can't comment, but in my experience in Scotland, often the best places are the ones you find yourself.. go exploring down the single track farm road and you may stumble on a deserted beach or cove .. who knows what you'll find.. it's all part of the journey..

Seasoned wild campers are often reluctant to share good places, otherwise they can become overused.. and 'not so good' ..

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Fair enough,we usually do pub car parks as we're big (Ahem) drinkers ! just imagined there to be tiny if no pub car parks over there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Yep,got that too :)....was hoping for beach car parks. Found some on another m/home site telling which have no height barriers etc....just hoped someone here would 'pop up' having used one.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Although wild camping in Ireland is technically illegal, everyone does it it is the norm, spent 2 weeks there only one night on a site. Harbors & piers usually have a water tap for the fishermen often have to drive down the pier as it's at the end, fill up in the evening when the fishermen have gone then you won't be in there way. Most garages will let you fill with water. Emptying the the loo, public toilets just leave it cleaner than you found it, garage toilets, not normally a problem.
Some photos in my gallery.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
More years ago than I care to remember (20) so possibly of no use now I spent a week fishing beaches just south of Dublin. .. Bray,Greystones,Kilcoole are names which come to mind..
There was easy access to most of them and plenty of parking to be had close to them..no waste facilities then.
I don't remember them as been somewhere I would rush back to , but the west coast was a different matter... really enjoyed that but tended to use sites on that trip.
Have a great time.
Ta andy

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Generally wild camping in Ireland isn't a problem.
I have wilded but mostly on the west and north west of the country.
There is sites down the east, water won't be a problem.
Check www.motorhomecraic.com for all things motorhoming in Ireland.

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Jonkil that looks like a useful site :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Crikey ,not many recent posts here! was hoping for tips and places to stay down East coast of Ireland,beach view hopefully?........waste disposal? .......anything really :)

Be good when you have had your tour down the East Coast of Ireland to post any you have found and enjoyed, look forward to seeing how you get on. :Smile:

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Will do Carol,Going from Dublin to Cork then across to Kerry for a family party ,where i will be on my brothers driveway and 'plugged in'' ! .........don't tell him!(short arms,long pockets) :)

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I go on the 11th June arrive in Belfast then immediately off to Dublin, stay 3 nights, go watch a couple of average football teams, then into Wicklow down to Cork, and up the West Coast. Watching a programme on tv currently, called wild Ireland and taking notes. Then up to giants Causeway then home on the 24th.

OOps purpose of thread I intend to wildcamp as often as possible, using as many of the advised sites and pubs as I can, pay for dinner and Guinness, cannot be bad.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Generally wild camping in Ireland isn't a problem.
I have wilded but mostly on the west and north west of the country.
There is sites down the east, water won't be a problem.
Check www.motorhomecraic.com for all things motorhoming in Ireland.

We've also wild camped in Southern Ireland using info from motorhome craic.com.
A very useful forum worth joining if crossing the water(y)

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Going to tour Ireland this year so I joined motorhomecraic, have been made welcome and given lots of tips they even have members who are happy to let you overnight on their land. Looking forward to Meeting as many Motorhomers as I can

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back