Is this towing setup legal? (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I think the law states that the drive wheels must always be in contact with the road, hence the reason this guy has the front end down. It may well be that all wheels should be on the road (i'm not 100% certain on that though).

Either way....the owner of both vehicles must be a bit of a plonker to risk towing in this way. A small single axle car trailer which a Moke would easily go on would set him back no more than two or three hundered quid....but i suppose a plasma tv in his rv has first priority!:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Is that a UK rig as i would love to carry my motorbike and tow my toad?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is that a UK rig as i would love to carry my motorbike and tow my toad?

Yes the guys pulled up at Americana with it. They were one of three families that had just sold their houses, bought RV's and gone on the road Full Time. :Smile:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I would not think that it can be legal as it has no brakes unless it is under 750 kgs that is, which maybe it could be! Isn't it a mini based 'moke'?

Isn't there a little twoseater buggy that can be towed like this only forwards by an extention bar with a tow ball cup?

Also it has the white numberplate showing to the rear and no towing vehicle numberplate at all!!!

A nice lightboard though!:thumb:

I think this one has got it very wrong aswell!!!

Orlando007.jpg

Regards Pat

Last edited:

DCC

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
Whitby, North Yorks
Funster No
Exp
novice
I am sure the MH in the OP was in Whitby earlier in the summer, I didn’t see the moke on tow, but they were parked in a lay-by just outside the town for a good few days.

DC

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, On a serious side to all of you who have towed??

Would the car being towed backwards make it easier when it comes to reversing ?

I am not quiet thinking of lifting the back of it up every time and hooking on as shown in the photo, but if you fitted a "A" frame to the back of a toad and pulled it backwards would that make the reversing easier

??

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Looks like a Mini Moke replica to me.

He must have some way of locking the steering in the "straight ahead" position.

Can't do the tyres much good though, If I remember correctly they toe out so pulling it backward would tend to scrub the tyres on the outer part of the tread, especially if there was wear in the track rod ends.

Perhaps that's how it self centres the steering.:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Watch out for a very low mileage, getting lower every time he goes away, toad for sale.:RollEyes:

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back