is this site worth me joining? (1 Viewer)

monty123

Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
As per the title, I found this site that seems to be a good alternative when staying over on longer trips....... BUT do any of you guru's out there know if it's being a member as its not a free site... any input is flash received. The site is: http://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk/

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why would you pay someone £37.70 per year to tell you that you can park on a pub carpark when all you have to do is buy a pint and ask the landlord yourself. Have never been refused yet.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would not join it, but then that does not mean you shouldn't.

I wouldn't join because I rarely stop at pubs, but if I feel the need I just take a look at Keith's Map (Keith's a Funster) and there is loads of choice. On the odd occasion we find ourselves at a pub, like a wedding at Oxford last year, I just ask if we can sleep there overnight in the van. In the few times we've asked I've done so at places with big carparks, where we'd be unobtrusive and never been turned down. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
In all our wandering over the years, even with kids
in tow UK & France, and now as a couple or lone traveler have never had a problem just asked the question, parked in a tidy manner, n jobs a good-un . ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
As the others have said,

I see no need to part with money for info you can get elsewhere for free. Especially that much cash.. (rip off in my mind)...:Doh:

Keith's map on here is excellent, or just google the pub, or call and ask if you are planning ahead..
Alternatively just ask Funsters on here......

If I stopped at a pub it's normally spontaneous, and if you buy a meal or even just a couple or pints most landlords with a decent car park will let you stop.

I've never been turned down when I've found a nice pub and asked if I could stop over. :thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Agree with all previous posts..

also, as we don't drink, pub stops are not our forte. It's usually cheaper to go into a CL than buying a pub meal and a couple of drinks..

click on the link in this thread and download FREE guide for

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Value for money ?

Motor home fun will cost £10 pa. You are tapped into infomation manytimes greater than what appears to be on offer on the site you ask about. Information, advice and help will come from all over the world. where on earh could anyone find something better. If £30 quide is burning a hole in your pocket, pass it on to the Ring Leader to go to pay for the larger marque Jim is going to buy for Fun Meets . Viva la FUN
PK

Upvote 0
OP
OP
monty123

monty123

Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thank you all, that's the great thing about this site, my tenner has given me soooo much help by using the search button and thls post alone has saved me £30 odd quid already..
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You will be alright with us we know everything, and what we don`t know we make up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
As youve already found, the internet is your friend. Much of the advice, guides, recommendations being charged for.....can be had for nothing on t'internet, :RollEyes: someone will be charging for telling you how to pack a suitcase soon.
CL/CS's are available from C&CC (as i posted recently), there are more of them than pubs, they are quieter, and altogether more pleasant (well, some of them):ROFLMAO:,
If you have trouble findng info, send me £15 via BACS, and I,ll give you Googles addy:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back