Is this site designed just to annoy me?

Discussion in 'Website Help' started by oldun, Jun 23, 2009.

1. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

I recently received a PM and I answered it and (so I thought) deleted it. I ticked the box saying delete the message to select it and then clicked on the box below to actually delete it. I have closed the website but with no success and i have also restarted windows again with no success.

Now every time I go back to the page listing the available forums I get a very annoying window popping up EVERY TIME telling me that I have a new PM when I definitely DO NOT have a new message.

Short of throwing the laptop out of the window is there any way i can convince the site that I do not have a new PM awaiting me?

To put it very politely I am very fed up with this crazy behavior.

2. champers

champers Funster Life Member

I have had this when I have been online and received a pm and then found it still alerting me even though I had read the pm but by refreshing the page it clears it, not sure if this is this same for you but works for me :thumb::thumb:

3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Snap!!!

4. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Will clearing cookies and private data sort it?
    You would then have to sign in to all websites again though.
    Pm Bryan he will know

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

This can happen, the only time I have noticed it is when you have two browsers open and this can confuse your cookies, one is reporting read, the other unread :Smile: It is still happening oldun? I'd hate to be responsible for a nervous breakdown and your laptop disappearing out that window:Smile::Laughing: