Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
does this sound crazy? Is it possible to somehow fix the drivers seat in its swivel position...so that it faces away from the cab. Seems to me that if it could somehow be locked in that position when it's in storage then it would be much more difficult for someone to steal it. Any thoughts?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
does this sound crazy? Is it possible to somehow fix the drivers seat in its swivel position...so that it faces away from the cab. Seems to me that if it could somehow be locked in that position when it's in storage then it would be much more difficult for someone to steal it. Any thoughts?
We do that every time and have a bike lock on (Well some of the time) will deter for a while we hope.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have heard of several on here that swivel then padlock the seats.

If you do a search you should find a couple of posts on this sort of thing.

A clever idea of stalling a thief .

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
I have heard of several on here that swivel then padlock the seats.

If you do a search you should find a couple of posts on this sort of thing.

A clever idea of stalling a thief .
Tried a search , can't find anything. Probably typing wrong search details?

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
It can also make it difficult for the scumbags to get into the van if the seat is positioned with the back to the door.

Reactions: Sue

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
how do you fix it in position with the bike lock? Do you wrap it round the base of the chair somehow?
Our chairs have metal handles where we can look the bike lock round! We also have a steering wheel lock which looks effective but not sure how much!! As we have a ford base vehicle I'm very aware that they seem to be stolen more regularly !!

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Our chairs have metal handles where we can look the bike lock round! We also have a steering wheel lock which looks effective but not sure how much!! As we have a ford base vehicle I'm very aware that they seem to be stolen more regularly !!
Yes, the Mk.7 (and, I believe, Mk.6) Ford Transit appears to be extremely vulnerable. One problem is the Tibbe lock; replacing this with a Hykee replacement cylinder (if a RHD vehicle) is a good idea. Alternatively (and the only option if LHD, for which the replacement cylinder is not available), fit deadlocks to the cab doors. Access to the OBD port should also be secured or rendered more difficult. Additionally, a good alarm system such as the Van Bitz Growler (perhaps with some of the additional options) is an excellent idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back