IS THIS FULL TIME OR NOT ? (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Do we need to insure our van as full timers or leave on our standard CCC policy.We plan to let out our flat in June but intend to continue our retired lifestyle of long haul travel and rent overseas properties where we end up.When back home we use the van in the UK and Europe but not for more than 2 months at a time normally.Up to now the flat has hardly been used since we downsized on retirement and thought to earn some income.As an example last year went spent 4 months in Indo China and 2 months Central America the rest in the van and expect to continue in that vein.The fact that we can not return to the flat might,from the insurance perspective seem we are 12 months fulltiming ?
I think we will have to keep the tv licence in our names also to cover the vans tv covered ?

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I would say if you want to dot your I's and cross your T's then i would say ask you insurance company what they say as they will be the one issuing the certificate. :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the description as given is in my opinion full timing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have a full timing policy with comfort.
I rent my home out, and even though I have a room at a friends house, where all documents are registered they still said it's full timing.
The problem starts if you make a claim. Then they go through everything with a fine tooth comb.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Full timing as you have rented your flat out :( .. The Insurance Companies are not daft and if you do try to make a claim they will look carefully at what you told them. Big difference for them 365 days use rather than the average 30ish. Something like 10 times the risk so you could expect to pay 10 times the price :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back