Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
As you say, all the same seller but all in different locations. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Dave

Thats what I thought Im also sure someone posted another thread a couple of weeks ago about a similar ad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
And silly low prices the Adria Twin about 20k below it's true value.
I have just reported them all, if everyone does as well they will get taken down quicker.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
It could be a genuine ebay account that has been hijacked. As a buyer there is quite a bit of feedback, but nothing as a seller.

Deleted User
The same ads get listed day after day after day. It seems pointless to report then because it takes Ebay most of the day to remove them and they will be posted back up again within a couple of hours of being removed.
Ebay don't seem to put in much effort to stop scams but they don't suffer any losses. Perhaps we should be campaigning for sites such as Ebay and Gumtree to be responsible for the ads and compensate anyone who has lost out financially.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Pity we can't put these scam MH sellers in touch with the scam buyers... you know the ones who message "your van is definitely sold for full asking price, I will pay by Western Union/Paypal... I can't come myself due to being in Nigeria/France/Wheelchair but by cousin/auntie will collect"

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Just out of interest, if the account has been hacked does the "hacker" receive the messages sent through the eBay system. Ie could you let the account holder know their account has been hacked?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Do people stilll
Just out of interest, if the account has been hacked does the "hacker" receive the messages sent through the eBay system. Ie could you let the account holder know their account has been hacked?
The hacker nearly always asks you to email (email address in discription) them and leave your contact number. Don't think the hacked account owner would receive any notification.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
2016_11_05_15.27.31.png

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thought I'd play along ;)

Bear in mind, I didn't even say WHICH motorhome...

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Roger That wrote:
Hi, is the motorhome on eBay still available?

Where are you based?

Thanks,

Dave.

No idea why I signed off the email as 'Dave' either, but they didn't notice!

On 5 Nov 2016, at 14:37, Amy <amy@dsglobal.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,
I still have the Motorhome for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is N.Ireland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £5,615 delivered at my costs.
The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
Thank you

We've still not mentioned WHICH motorhome?!

Hi,

Sorry, just so I understand correctly, you'll deliver it to me, here in England? At no extra charge?

Sounds great!

Does it have a current MOT?

Thanks,

Dave.

Will see what happens next :whistle:

cleardot.gif

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Well, they're quick to reply, I'll give them that lol :LOL:

On 5 Nov 2016, at 15:42, Amy <amy@dsglobal.co.uk> wrote:

Yes it has current mot. Recently moved and forgot to edit my location. Currently in N.Ireland, I am offering free delivery. I will agree for a 7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the motorhome ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the motorhome for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the motorhome back on my cost!
You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/contextual/return-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the motorhome please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

Amy

Sounds legit... :rolleyes:

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Just for added confusion factor, I'll offer them MORE than they were asking...

Hi again, thanks for the quick reply.

This sounds like a great offer, but it's just a tiny bit over my budget, would you accept £6,000 for a quick sale, if I paid you today via PayPal??

Thanks,

Dave.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Well, they were happy for me to pay more than advertised (y)

On 5 Nov 2016, at 15:52, Amy <amy@dsglobal.co.uk> wrote:

£6000 is acceptable as long we will do this with eBay and I will still offer free delivery.

And as there is still no mention of WHICH motorhome, I thought I'd swap it out for a non-existent Land Rover, as you do...

Hi, this is excellent news, very exciting!!

My brother is actually going to Northern Ireland on Tuesday, could he stop by and take a look at the Land Rover before I pay for it?

Thanks,

Dave.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Proof if ever we needed it (which I don't think we did!):

On 5 Nov 2016, at 16:09, Amy <amy@dsglobal.co.uk> wrote:

Viewing or pick up is not an option at the moment, this is the main reason that I want to do it with eBay&PayPal, I am offering free delivery and a full inspection prior to the payment.

Amy

You don't say :rolleyes:

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Nicked the images from here.

Link Removed

A good tip if yoy don't already know, right click on the image and select 'search google for similar images'

Take a look at the results!

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
a good mate of mine told me he was thinking of buying a MH, and i asked what his budget was, he said £8k, i replied with' you wont get much for that' and he linked me to a similar ad, 2006 coachbuilt for £8300.

As was already said, if you have to ask..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just reported all of them
So that is a bit over £200 in fees the arsehole is gonna wave goodbye to

Deleted User
Just reported all of them
So that is a bit over £200 in fees the arsehole is gonna wave goodbye to
I don't think they pay any fees. They will just ignore any fee requests from Ebay and start again with a new account.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I don't think they pay any fees. They will just ignore any fee requests from Ebay and start again with a new account.
They are adverts.. You have to pay for them before the advert goes live ( about £13 a pop ! )

Deleted User
They are adverts.. You have to pay for them before the advert goes live ( about £13 a pop ! )
Thanks for that, I thought you paid same as selling fees, ie after Ebay send invoice.
I was feeling rather bored the other week and must have reported over 100 in 3 days. I assume if Ebay see that a listing is fraudulent then they close that account which means all the sellers other items will also be removed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back