Is this Aerial any good in France? (1 Viewer)

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We have one of the aerials pictured below and it works very well in the UK.

Is it likely to be any use for getting TV reception while we're in France?

Aerial 1.jpg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dont have all the facts BUT be aware France I think has moved to HD only system so depending on what TV you have it may / may not work..
Aerial should be fine if it works UK bands cn 201-69 France is same..

The old days of PAL / Secam PAL I/G audio etc are long gone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It looks like this one

Vision Plus Image 430 Aerial
Incorporating specially designed telescopic antennas the IMAGE 430 has the added advantage of receiving all TV signals throughout the world, covering UHF and VHF reception plus FM radio and is Channel 5 and Digital Terrestrial compatible.

For greater flexibility and choice the Vision Plus aerials are not supplied with masts. This allows the option of choosing one of the five Vision Plus masts (that we stock) or you can utilise an existing mast if it is manufactured from 25mm diameter tube.

meanderer

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry if I'm speaking out of my nether regions, but in reading up on TV and aerials... It'll probably work - but only for French terrestrial broadcasts.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No experience if the op's aerial but we used an Avtex STH3000 in France and got good reception on a variety of channels, watched the euro no problems. Just selected France as the country on the auto tune.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That is what is called a log periodic beam.. It is basically an aerial that works across the whole UHF spectrum.. So providing you have a digital receiver of some sort it will work

personally I would not select france ( or what ever country you are in ) from the tuning menu, but the UK instead
Why ?
Cos a lot of channels transmit multi language carriers alongside the video ones.. And if you select UK then it will not only load up all the French ones but if a Brit language is available it will load that up instead of the local language

This is especially true in Spain.. When we are down there and off the sat footprint there are plenty of american/brit programs that are transmitted in both Spanish and English..
We found the same in France and Germany too but with fewer english language results :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Adendum..
It will work just as well for non digital channels.. An aerial is an aerial.. it is a bit of plastic and metal.. It has NO idea if the signal has a digital or analogue content !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back