Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Not been too good over the last few weeks, and as a consequence, sleep has been 'difficult'. So it has been up at 04:30, and out with the dog. (Dogs are such a help when your down). Parked up in the town, and of coarse no-one around, except an elderly Hymer 'A' class, 'F' registered, parked next to the loos.
And so it was about 07:00 when we did the circular and got back, to find an elderly chap connecting a stand pipe to the fire hydrant, one of those pipes with an adaptation to a garden type tap. Also, the man hole cover outside the loo's was up. I smiled, he smiled, and so of coarse we started chatting. Explained that I too had a Hymer, and asked him what he was doing. He sort of gave a knowing smile, and explained that he was taking on water, and emptying his grey water and cassette.........Must admit to being flabbergasted. He explained that he and his wife lived on board, and hadn't stopped at either a site nor a CL for.....Eleven years! :Eeek: She was disabled, and popped her head out to ask if I would like a brew!
It seems that they travel all over the country, using what facilities are open, (or closed, as in this case), His wife has a RADAR key, so they always have access to a loo if needed.
Would they ever consider a house again? No, was the reply, their next place would be an EPH! Anyway, I had the brew, said my goodbye's, wished them luck, and walked away, marvelling at this couple. It must be hard in winter for them, but hey, they had nothing but smiles.
Really cheered me up. In fact, went down to the MH for the first time later that morning, and then we went away for a few days. Brill.
And so, is eleven years without ever venturing onto a site a UK record????????:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back