is this a good deal (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi every one . every time i talk to some one about ferry prices to ireland they allways say how expensive it is......i just booked with irish ferrys motorhome and trailer 18mtres in length and 18.5 ton, and one passenger which is me. rosslare/pembroke and return in april. pembroke/rosslare all for €264.80c.eurines...i dont think thats expensive, any thoughts on that...:Cool::Cool::Cool:

ps. i have also spoken to irish ferrys and asked them about a discount for funsters they have said yes , as soon as i have all the information from them i will pass it on to our glorious leader :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
good deal

sounds like a result to me smudger:thumb::Smile:
brian

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Dont know how you always seem to get reasonable prices Smudger, last time i enquired it was nearly that much one way and in pounds not Euros.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Smudger it does sound like a good result. From what I remember ,the online quotes I was getting for a 3500k under 7 metre MH were way above your quote .

The UK mainland /Ireland ferries seem to rank among the most expensive ferry routes on the planet . No competition , no subsidies , greed ?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Thats a very good deal, we went last year in the car with four passengers and paid over£400 including using £90 of Tesco discount. We did go late July though.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
smudger
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
I think Smudger either owns the ferry or gets frequent traveller discount!!!!!!

Steve
last nite when i looked on there web site , i was quoted nearly €500.00 eurines,just to get an idea, (i never book on line anyway)
bear in mind i,m traveling on my own , so no extra passengers to pay for. .first thing yer doo is book as disabled traveler if yoo hold a blue badge that is...and secondly dont book on the net, as you pay internet price :Sad:, phone them and ask them whats yr cheapest fare. they want to sell yoo a ticket so they will doo the best they can to help yoo ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
smudger
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
Thats a very good deal, we went last year in the car with four passengers and paid over£400 including using £90 of Tesco discount. We did go late July though.

D.

hi dave ....yes it is expensive in the summer months...but if yoo go between now and april, it is there hungry months ie, big ships and loads of room,and ireland is as beautiful in the winter as well in the summer only downside in winter is there are lots of sites closed, but there is plenty of room to wildcamp, and we have loads of pub stop overs,:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back