is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by smudger, Jan 8, 2012.

1. smudger

smudger Funster

hi every one . every time i talk to some one about ferry prices to ireland they allways say how expensive it is......i just booked with irish ferrys motorhome and trailer 18mtres in length and 18.5 ton, and one passenger which is me. rosslare/pembroke and return in april. pembroke/rosslare all for €264.80c.eurines...i dont think thats expensive, any thoughts on that...:Cool::Cool::Cool:

ps. i have also spoken to irish ferrys and asked them about a discount for funsters they have said yes , as soon as i have all the information from them i will pass it on to our glorious leader :Smile::Smile::Smile:

• Like Like x 8
  2. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

good deal

sounds like a result to me smudger:thumb::Smile:
    brian

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Dont know how you always seem to get reasonable prices Smudger, last time i enquired it was nearly that much one way and in pounds not Euros.

4. tomm2

tomm2 Read Only Funster

Smudger it does sound like a good result. From what I remember ,the online quotes I was getting for a 3500k under 7 metre MH were way above your quote .

The UK mainland /Ireland ferries seem to rank among the most expensive ferry routes on the planet . No competition , no subsidies , greed ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. spannermanwigan

spannermanwigan Read Only Funster

I think Smudger either owns the ferry or gets frequent traveller discount!!!!!!

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  6. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Thats a very good deal, we went last year in the car with four passengers and paid over£400 including using £90 of Tesco discount. We did go late July though.

D.

7. smudger

smudger Funster

last nite when i looked on there web site , i was quoted nearly €500.00 eurines,just to get an idea, (i never book on line anyway)
    bear in mind i,m traveling on my own , so no extra passengers to pay for. .first thing yer doo is book as disabled traveler if yoo hold a blue badge that is...and secondly dont book on the net, as you pay internet price :Sad:, phone them and ask them whats yr cheapest fare. they want to sell yoo a ticket so they will doo the best they can to help yoo :BigGrin:

8. smudger

smudger Funster

hi dave ....yes it is expensive in the summer months...but if yoo go between now and april, it is there hungry months ie, big ships and loads of room,and ireland is as beautiful in the winter as well in the summer only downside in winter is there are lots of sites closed, but there is plenty of room to wildcamp, and we have loads of pub stop overs,:Smile: