Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Off topic I don't like the bike rack obscuring the rear window.

Is there a solution to this if you want to carry bikes?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This type would do, if you have a tow ball

Broken Link Removed

(y)

Might be the way to go I think. I am reluctant to fit a tow hitch though because I guess it has an adverse effect on payload and I don't plan on towing anything.

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Might be the way to go I think. I am reluctant to fit a tow hitch though because I guess it has an adverse effect on payload and I don't plan on towing anything.

Not many options, but if you get one like this you could tow (i know :)) a small trailer and store all your outdoor equipment in it, icreasing payload, and giving you more room inside.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycle-Car...345428?hash=item25ad017b54:g:KKAAAOSwgQ9V6qz9

(y)

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Or fit a rear view camera, that is of course making sure the fitter of said camera doesn't have holidays.;)

Too risky that. Imagine if it went wrong you would have to abandon your trip there and then.

I wasnt worried about obstructing the window when travelling because I don't look behind me anyway it was more about when parked up.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I have a full width bathroom at rear so there is no vision through the rear anyway. The van is fitted as standard with a twin rear view camera and to be honest (touch wood) has been great no problems at all reversing.
:banghead::banghead: I just know I'm going to regret saying that:banghead::banghead:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I have a full width bathroom at rear so there is no vision through the rear anyway. The van is fitted as standard with a twin rear view camera and to be honest (touch wood) has been great no problems at all reversing.
:banghead::banghead: I just know I'm going to regret saying that:banghead::banghead:

Ditto!! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Too risky that. Imagine if it went wrong you would have to abandon your trip there and then.

I wasnt worried about obstructing the window when travelling because I don't look behind me anyway it was more about when parked up.
Then remove the bikes dear boy! :D

Alternatively the type of rack that lowers down mighr be the answer ... but they ain't cheap!

http://www.fiamma.com/EN/products/carry-bike/motorhome/carry-bike_lift_77/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back