Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Hi everyone. I am now a fully fledged Funster and raring to go!

Can I ask another question please????

We have been on our third trip and this time we decided to use the blown air heating over night. It works fine for so long, thermostat kicking in when it should but we found that it cut out a couple of times and the red failure light came on. On resetting it works immediately. What does everyone think? Its a Truma.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
That is usually to signal no gas. Are you using Butane? If so it may be too cold where you are for Butane to work. Propane is better at this time of year.

If that is not it then I have no idea sorry....

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi everyone. I am now a fully fledged Funster and raring to go!

Can I ask another question please????

We have been on our third trip and this time we decided to use the blown air heating over night. It works fine for so long, thermostat kicking in when it should but we found that it cut out a couple of times and the red failure light came on. On resetting it works immediately. What does everyone think? Its a Truma.

You could also have a low battery , and is the cover removed from the exhaust :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
From Truma

Red Indicator Lamp

The red indicator lamp lights up permanently if there is a failure>
Possible causes are :

*No gas
*insufficient combustion air
*Fuse failure

Flashing x 1 per second
*Low Voltage

Flashing x 2 per second
*Voltage too high

If the light is on permanently then:

It may be as Karl says, change to propane.
or you have left the exhaust vent cover on ..
or running low on gas
or faulty gas regulator

If you need a copy of the user instructions download from here

Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Thank you so much for that. We wondered about the butane/propane thing. Yes we are on butane (came with the van but bought a propane as our spare). Would that be consistent with it restarting when I reset though? Thats why I dismissed that reason?

Vent definitely not on and if it was running low or faulty regulator am I right in thinking if I change over to propane anyway those reasons would be cured?

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thank you so much for that. We wondered about the butane/propane thing. Yes we are on butane (came with the van but bought a propane as our spare). Would that be consistent with it restarting when I reset though? Thats why I dismissed that reason?

Vent definitely not on and if it was running low or faulty regulator am I right in thinking if I change over to propane anyway those reasons would be cured?

Sounds like it's due to using Butane .. as the ambient temperature falls near the point where Butane stops boiling, the rate falls off, rather rather than just stopping suddenly ,.. that would explain why it resets .. only to fail again..

We have been using Butane in our caravan ( it's been seconded as a cook house while we have our kitchen extended and refurbished ) and it's been ok.. so far :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Thanks we will change over. Looks like another sleepover in the van on the drive to test it before the Peak District at new year ::bigsmile: Well its got to be tested, hasnt it :winky:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back