Is there only us heading East (1 Viewer)

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Popped a message in the other day but not had one reply, is no one heading to Greece and Turkey ?

Thought it may be beneficial for a mutual contact if needed.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
seems most head South and West

It seems most head fro France and West like Spain and Portugal.. some go to Italy.. I know some do go much further East.. but you may need to bump your post a few times until someone see's the post... do not give up on the quest for info.

Bob

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are Turkophiles and have visited often over the last 25 years. We'd would love to take the van over there. Only problem is we have a little dog who we could take with us, but not bring her back without quarantine, as Turkey is not covered by the EU regs on pets :Sad:

Güzel bir tatil var :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A visit to Greece is on our "to do" list, but not this year.
Maybe 2013 will see us going there, We will be interested in how your trip goes.

Brisey.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
A visit to Greece is on our "to do" list, but not this year.
Maybe 2013 will see us going there, We will be interested in how your trip goes.

Brisey.

Yes that is our situation too. Will you be using the 'live in the van on deck' ferry from Venice?

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Popped a message in the other day but not had one reply, is no one heading to Greece and Turkey ?

Thought it may be beneficial for a mutual contact if needed.

We are off to Greece next week via Floriade, Arnhem, and then through Luxembourg down to Wintrich on the Mosel and on into Italy to Venice.
We then travel by ferry to Patras in Greece. We then visit Olympia for the lighting of the Olympic flame and then catch the ferry to Kefallonia for 2 months at camping Karavomilos.
We return by ferry from Sami to Brindisi in Italy and travel slowly back visiting Rome and Pisa ,arriving back September.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are off to Greece next week via Floriade, Arnhem, and then through Luxembourg down to Wintrich on the Mosel and on into Italy to Venice.
We then travel by ferry to Patras in Greece. We then visit Olympia for the lighting of the Olympic flame and then catch the ferry to Kefallonia for 2 months at camping Karavomilos.
We return by ferry from Sami to Brindisi in Italy and travel slowly back visiting Rome and Pisa ,arriving back September.
Sounds like an interesting trip. I quite like the sound of that one.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Last time I was in Istanbul asleep on the pavement in a sleeping bag on a camp bed (too hot inside the van) a Turkish street dog weed on my feet...:Sad:

...1971... now that was a trip...

JJ :Cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you haven't already checked, visiting some countries outside the EU (I know Morrocco is one) with a dog, all you need is the rabies blood test before you go and then you can bring your dog back into the EU without quarantine. I don't know if Turkey is one of those countries but worth a check if you haven't already done so.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back