Is there an advantage to buying truck in USA (1 Viewer)

oakeyfamily

Free Member
Jan 16, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
6 months
Hi there,

We are in the US and just bought a 5th wheel to ship home to uk.
We are wondering if anyone has had experience of shipping a truck home from the US for the 5th wheel. i.e. would it be easier/cheaper to get one here while we are here that has the 5th wheel hitch? Or are they easy to get and buy at home in UK? Does anyone know the kind of price in the UK we could expect to pick one up that is second hand but able to do the job? I know that is like saying how long is a piece of string - but hoping you guys might have some info for us. Greatly appreciate it.

Stella and James Oakey

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
IMO Dodge Ram...Cummins diesel...buy in the States...but good ones are never cheap anywhere.

coupey

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Gateshead
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Totally agree, defo Dodge and I paid good money for mine but it was in mint condition with very little miles, 2500 HD Larmine Quad Cab 4x4 5.9l Cummins, Auto with tow pack and it pulls my 4.2t 5er with ease, you can quite literally forget its on the back. There's a lot more choice in the states so you'll have a much greater chance of getting the one you want

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have a ford F250 harley davidson pick up super duty diesel for sale 2004 68,000 miles around 14k sterling.

Hope that gives an idea of whats here.

All the best and good luck Rick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back