Is there a thread which explains the abbreviations please (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I just read this - I have worked out some of them over the months but there are always new ones to trip me up :)

we stayed at five THSs and one weekend rally run by various C&CC DAs......not something which is true of many main sites and CLs/CSs.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
we stayed at five THSs ..Temporary holiday sites... one weekend rally run by various C&CC .DA's...camping and caravan club.District associations......not something which is true of many main sites and CLs/CSs......certified locations/certified sites...
Hope that's useful?

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
THS= Temporary Holiday Sites
DA= District Association ( Camping and caravan Club is divided into DAs and you're automatically a member of one you live in. You can join in any atHS organised by any DA.
CLs and CSs are small, privately owned campsites within the umbrella of C&CC and Caravan Club.

Some of the THS are brilliant ( Burton Bradstock is best one I've stayed at, twice) good value for money as can be as little as £8 per night per unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Also, if you don't know what a particular abbreviation means, just ask, we're a friendly bunch, we won't judge! :D
I've been working in the IT field for nearly 30 years and I still find the odd abbreviation that trips me up, but then they do usually contain the letter 'F' :D

Upvote 0

Tayls

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
3 years
Also, if you don't know what a particular abbreviation means, just ask, we're a friendly bunch, we won't judge! :D
I've been working in the IT field for nearly 30 years and I still find the odd abbreviation that trips me up, but then they do usually contain the letter 'F' :D

My favourite was PCMCIA or 'people can't memorise computer industry acronyms'

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My favourite was PCMCIA or 'people can't memorise computer industry acronyms'
Working in software support & training, my favourite is still RTFS & the closely related (but now rather outdated) RTFM.

As a clue, PTCK expands as 'Problem 'twixt chair & keyboard'.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
What is meant by PVC? I know its plastic vinyl coating, but what does it refer to in regard to type of Motor Home?

I have seen it mentioned quite a few times on different forums.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I just read this - I have worked out some of them over the months but there are always new ones to trip me up :)

we stayed at five THSs and one weekend rally run by various C&CC DAs......not something which is true of many main sites and CLs/CSs.

:merci:

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
What is meant by PVC? I know its plastic vinyl coating, but what does it refer to in regard to type of Motor Home?

Actually polyvinyl chloride
ROFPML:LOL:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Just for info. PVC when it's not a panel van conversion stands for polyvinyl chloride, a very useful plastic but vinyl chloride (the monomer) is considered to be cytotoxic.

B-gg-r, someone else got in first :imoutahere:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back