Is there a downside? (1 Viewer)

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Is there a downside to traveling/holidaying in a motorhome? I'm not being pesamistic honestly, its just that we are going to be spending a lot of money and I want to know all the sides of the coin.
I wish we had known about The Turkish Living Forum when we bought our villa there 5 years ago, we would have learned a lot more before we parted with our money. Okay we've been lucky there and have had no major problems at all and have a fabulous house - but many more have not been so lucky and we could so easily have been one of them bearing in mind how little information we had at the time.
I've noticed that this forum is always cheerful! Okay someone might have a problem with a particular peice of kit, but the answers on how to fix it are quickly put foward.
So is there a downside? does it matter if it rains for 3 weeks? Do you suffer crime and discrimination while being a motorhome owner, and if you had a million pounds, would it still be four wheels or four walls as a holiday home?
What a lot of questions - I am nosey aren't I!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know at least two people that have well over a million pounds and own a motorhome OK they both have a boat as well but they would not be without motorhomes. ::bigsmile:

The main things about a motorhome are you can make quick getaways, so motorhomes do get used much more than caravans or holiday homes. And, just as importantly if your destination does not live up to your expectations you can move in a moment. You can't do that with your holiday home.

I can't think of any downsides of owning a motorhome and crime and discrimination are certainly not an issue. I am sure you will enjoy the ownership. have fun:thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Make sure your choice of vehicle suit you.

I made a few mistakes in my time being glamorised by style outside and found bed was tight for me being 6ft 5in.

Sit in it for a while and imagine how you would be using it.

When you are sorted you'll wonder why you didn't do it years before.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

talisman

Deleted User
The simple answer, is why do you want an MH? Stuff what it costs, as that's relative. If you want one, get one that suits your needs. Tals

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi
we started out looking for property in Spain 4-5 years ago
Then decided against it after hearing all the horror storys about land grabbing and burglary's
We change our direction and started looking at motorhomes and decided that way we could have a" house" in every country in Europe
We will never make money out of it but the enjoyment more than makes up for that.......We think we made the right choice so much so we are now upgrading to a bigger motorhome

Good luck with your choice :thumb:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
We change our direction and started looking at motorhomes and decided that way we could have a" house" in every country in Europe

That's a great perspective Tony.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Talisman - I think you've managed to hit the nail on the head by asking why we want a motorhome. You are, of course, exactly right and the reason is that we don't want to be tied to one place. Our villa in Turkey is fabulous, without a doubt, but after 5 years, frankly its a bit boring! If I could pick it up and move it there would be no problem!
So doubts are vanishing, a motorhome will give us the flexability we need as individuals and you're right, never mind what it costs if it does the job.
Have also started to read the 'blogs' which give a great insight on day-to-day motorhoming - keep them coming they are great.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
and now we are skint but happy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (well will be when it lands hopefully safe and sound):thumb:

ruth
Hi

We will never make money out of it but the enjoyment more than makes up for that.......We think we made the right choice so much so we are now upgrading to a bigger motorhome

Good luck with your choice :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Folks
Dont people waffle on!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: