Is the Acsi book worth getting (1 Viewer)

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All, we've been recommended by a few people to get the Acsi book as we are going to France, trouble is we are going last week of June and first week of July, so can only use it for the one week in June. Is it still worth getting?
Thanks Diane

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
As far as I know, the discounts only kick in in the off season. So from that point of view no benefit, as a guide book, there appear to be plenty of online resources to find sites. So again limited benefits

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would think that for a week in June would be worth it IF you are going to stay on their sites for the whole week. I reckon you can save the cost in 3 nights. Useful too to have the books. However, if you buy it, you might feel you must make the most of it and use it and therefore constrains your trip to those sites.
We have found that most of the sites we want to use have been discounted up to roughly 7 July.

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just had a quick look in this years ACSI book for France and quite a lot, if not most, sites offer the discount in the 1st week of July.

It is possible to check on line for particular areas/site on line without being a member.

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/france/
Hi thanks for the link, are all the sites on line or more in the book?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi All, we've been recommended by a few people to get the Acsi book as we are going to France, trouble is we are going last week of June and first week of July, so can only use it for the one week in June. Is it still worth getting?
Thanks Diane
Plenty of sites in France take ACSI well into July,,some ,only a few for the entire summer,,You can save the cost in a few nights,,would not be without it,,BUSBY.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi thanks for the link, are all the sites on line or more in the book?
Yes, all the discounted sites are on the website. It is just possible there are one or two more that signed up to the scheme after the hard copy guides went to press.

As others have said, some of the sites in France are available during the first week of July, and a few well into the second week even. The website is a useful resource for advance planning.

Glad you've decided to order a copy - hope it works out well and you have a great trip.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Worth it for the online app
Used it last year at that time of year - wife was against it but persuaded her to have it on her iPad - when I had been driving for a few hours and thought I would like to stop in the next 30-50k or so my wife would open the app and look for a site in the area as picks up position of Motorhome if it has a SIM card. Open up a description of the site and see if it suits then ring and see if any space (should be ok that time of year).
My wife is now fully converted to the app and finding a site that way if we don't fancy an aire.
Well recommend but get app as well.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You only need to use an ACSI discounted site once and you will save the money you lay out to buy the membership.

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
I ordered the book on 27th April and still haven't recieved it, is this normal?

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'd chase the order, mine arrived in a couple of days but I bought it through c&cc as I got the best ferry prices through them at the same time.
I have emailed twice, I went on line to order as I thought it was only available direct! they have said 3-4 weeks and assured me it will be with me, I can use the app but without the card we will be unable to use it in France when we go away 23rd June, so hope it arrives soon

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have emailed twice, I went on line to order as I thought it was only available direct! they have said 3-4 weeks and assured me it will be with me, I can use the app but without the card we will be unable to use it in France when we go away 23rd June, so hope it arrives soon
I'm not sure who you ordered from? I got mine from Vicarious Books and it came the next day or the one after. 3 - 4 weeks seems very odd.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I'm not sure who you ordered from? I got mine from Vicarious Books and it came the next day or the one after. 3 - 4 weeks seems very odd.
By the sounds of it they ordered it direct from ACSI as I did and for the first year, they include the app free of charge. However, don't expect any assistance from ACSI about the app if it doesn't work. I've got the book as we're in France now but may use it or may not but it's extremely handy to have. There is a couple of sites we're considering but since we've come over, just used Aires.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
now you've got me worried as that's who I ordered from
I think you need to contact them again. I ordered in May so it cannot be that they had run out of stock when you ordered.
Try telephoning.
I have used them for many many years without any problems.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Id ring them. As others have said vicarious books usually great service so sounds like a blip in their system. Just a thought, have you checked your bank to make sure payment has gone through?

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Id ring them. As others have said vicarious books usually great service so sounds like a blip in their system. Just a thought, have you checked your bank to make sure payment has gone through?
Just checked and it was all the aires books I ordered from vicarious and they did arrive very quickly. Acsi has been ordered from them direct

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just checked and it was all the aires books I ordered from vicarious and they did arrive very quickly. Acsi has been ordered from them direct
You'll probably use all the Aires mostly IMO. Have you any directional plans where you're going? Are you getting the ferry or train?

Orchid288

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

Is there another discount voucher / card for France or is ACSI the only one?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi

Is there another discount voucher / card for France or is ACSI the only one?
Well there used to be camping cheques but personally I've not heard of them for years. Why would you want others? There are All the Aires, ACSI and France Passion, all of which cost and give savings.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Well there used to be camping cheques but personally I've not heard of them for years. Why would you want others? There are All the Aires, ACSI and France Passion, all of which cost and give savings.
And if you use them all the savings more than pay for the books. It's the same with Britstops too

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We were travelling through Luxembourg, getting ready to start looking for somewhere to stop, when we saw a campsite with an ACSI sign outside so went to book in with my card, hadn't noticed that it was "ACSI Inspected" only and not part of the reduced fee scheme. :(

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
And if you use them all the savings more than pay for the books. It's the same with Britstops too
This is interesting - do tell more! I have the latest All the Aires for France but was unaware of any savings available from it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back