is Scammer back ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sampain

sampain Read Only Funster

Based on your advice, I just did a scan of eBay and found this and reported it.
    Didn't realise you had already spotted it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

Well spotted sampain :thumb:not one of the easy ones but I am very confident it's a scam :BigGrin:
    terry

4. cgod

cgod Read Only Funster

Hello

I am new to this forum and I found it after searching on google for this email address: bnwals@live.co.uk

Your discussion came up. I'm looking for a motorhome and found this on ebay. I thought that it looked to good to be true. I emailed the email address and got no response. I then messaged by ebay and had a response from the account asking me to send an email to bnwals and they are selling for a friend.

Have you any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Clint

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Clint its a scam. end of story.

Peter

6. sampain

sampain Read Only Funster

Now that I her that "selling it for friends" story I'm even more convinced it is fraudulent.
    i note eBay have not taken it down yet - very poor show that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ukbill

ukbill Funster

well done keep reporting its prolly saving people who log in to this site from getting ripped off :Smile::Smile::Smile:

8. icantremember

icantremember Funster

The same m/h has been listed in AdTrader at £19000:Doh:>see here<

I have just spoken with the real owner who was not aware that it is on Fleebay .... he did have it on there last year

He said he has received a few strange calls for the van asking weird questions and all with Irish accents

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Clint and welcome:thumb: just never pay any money on the promise of delivery :BigGrin: Always view the van because as you will soon find out people don't always describe vans accurately:Wink:
    The best money you can spend on a van is by paying the tenner to join here as a full member which allows you as many questions and as much free advise as you need :thumb:Jim needs the money :Wink:
    Terry

10. Asterix

Asterix Read Only Funster

Confirmed as scam

Argh, argh, argh, argh....I can confirm that the ebay advert is a scam.

The original autotrader ad is mine.

I'd like to publicly thank a nice guy called Connor who phoned me at about 0815 this morning to kindly inform me that my autotrader ad had been cloned onto ebay and that he was happy to complain to ebay that it was a scam.

I have now resubscribed here after a break of 2 years.

Unfortunately I can't access ebay from work, so I'll have to get the ball rolling tonight.

Other than Connor, I have only had one person call me about the van. I have this persons first name and mobile number. You know, when I heard the number of kids screaming in the background as he drawled his first unintelligible voicemail, I thought, "here we go". The 2nd voicemail was almost as bad, but I got the number and called him back. Further alarm bells rang when in reply to my opening "Hello, is that <<name redacted>>" he said, uncommonly aggressively "Who wants to know?".

Having established he called me, he then launched into what I consider an odd pre-amble about the cushion size in the rear lounge. Having established the size he then did what I though his accent had already suggested and asked what my best price was. Funnily enough, it's the price advertised mate. The conversation didn't go on much longer after that.

Apologies if this scam is causing anyone heartache but it is beyond my control.

I'll put an advert on here at a later date.

Argh!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Terry

Terry Funster

Welcome back :BigGrin: we are all doing a pretty good job spotting the ebay scam adds and some are going beyond by finding the original adds that the scammers knick :thumb: Over the last couple of months the scammers have gone mad on eBay, but they have now slowed down and hopefully will stop again. Glad you are now sorted and back :Wink:
    Terry

12. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

Hi Clint, You could look at whats for sale from motorhomefun members? At least you know that they are serious motorhomes for sale and not scammers!:thumb: