Is Lincoln Show worth a visit?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Fenman, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Fenman

Fenman Funster

In our continuing research into discovering our perfect motorhome we were going to Newark tomorrow. But thanks to @Mikeco we have been warned that it will take us longer to drive there than look round the show. So Sunday will now be a day of rest.
    We went to Peterborough and found it was good even though others said it was not as good as previous years. But nonetheless we learnt a lot.
    So we are now considering a trip to the Lincoln Show later this month.
    Could those of you that have done the Lincoln in previous years give me your opinions on how good this one is please?
    I really don't want to drive 2+ hours to another let down and then 2+ hours back home in a bad mood.
    To go or not to go that is the question.

2. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Pretty good when we were there last year. But we were there at the funsters meet and we were not looking for a motorhome. Seemed to be plenty of new and secondhand motorhomes, but not quite as many as in Peterborough. If you are after a new one then the NEC show is the place to go. .

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

To us, Lincoln is second only to Peterborough. Many people like Malvern but we prefer the other two.

We've never been to the autumn show at Newark, only the spring one (and the summer one at Shrewsbury & Detling once each). They are OK but a fair bit smaller than most of the Warners shows. Having said that we tried the Warners show at Harrogate last year and had a very similar experience to that which Mike had at Newark.

I hope Lincoln is OK this year because we've booked for camping :)

4. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

If you look at the Warner website you will see that the list of exhibiters of both motor homes and accessories is similar to Peterborough so it should be a good one.

5. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

"People" always say things were better in previous years - this is partly due to selective memory and partly due to familiarity (not much is now new & exciting).
    ...and maybe it's true but that's totally irrelevant to you ;).

So go, enjoy, learn, absorb - you'll soon know when you've got everything you can from 'shows'.

IMHO :cool:.

6. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Lincoln seems to have a friendly atmosphere . You see and here groups saying farewell see you next year or others talking about meeting up in Spain etc.

7. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

Lincoln is usually very good. A lot better than Newark for the last couple of years.

8. aldhp21

aldhp21 Funster

Same here, Lincoln is my favourite with Peterborough close 2nd. I'm going to miss Lincoln this year, first one I've missed in 6 years.

The other one I wish they'd bring back is Pickering. Very handy for the steam train.