Is it really worth investing in satellite? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
MrsM

MrsM

Free Member
Sep 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Not so new at motorhoming now, but still learning!
Hi

I use MagicDVDRipper with the additional DivX download available from the their website.. You have to pay for it but after trying various sets of Software this one worked for me. You can set the format you want the software to produce and although I do not use it to do this, don't buy DVD's, it does Rip bought DVD's.

The Avtex TV's do require you to use Fat32 formatted Harddrives and USB sticks which are usually Fat32. From my experience the Transcend Harddrives are suitable. You could play all films from a Stick. A 16Gb stick holds between 10 and 13 films.

Another thing is we have a 16" Avtex and it will work with USB2 units. Whilst they say that USB3 are backward compatable they will not work on with our TV even if they are the same Fat32 Transcend make. Also there is a DivX setting in the Avtex Tv which can be turned off. If so you need to get into the TV's Software settings to turn it on. Our Tv occasionally turns the setting off for no apparent reason but does not take me long to correct.

Others will suggest free software but I have found this particular software very reliable.
That's a really useful tip about MagicDVDRipper . Just checked out the price and it's only £35 with lifetime updates so a lot cheaper than a dome.

We aren't too bothered about keeping up to date with TV, but we would like to have the option to watch a film on a wet or chilly evening so this works well for us.

Thanks everyone! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One thing that I've found when watching stuff on a stick/hard drive is if you need to stop it and go back say a day or so later, it can take an age to get to the place you stopped at as it doesn't 'fast forward' anywhere like as fast as a DVD can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back