Is it ony me??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mentaliss, Sep 29, 2013.

1. mentaliss

mentaliss

whilst travelling down through Europe these last few weeks and stopping at various camp sites I have become increasingly aware of what I call 'caravan refuges' these are people who are creating permanent or semi permanent pitches, they park up their van's, raise them up on the support stands or what ever and then put up wind blockers, bamboo fencing, and various bits of Tarpaulin.....doesn't it look unsightly??? these pitches end up as 'camp sites within camp site's' will this change the future of how we perceive motor homing :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Going down through France a couple of years ago,,,, we had picked out a site...

Got to the gates down a rough track, and there was a dead cat by the side of the gate and two or three cats mauling the dead un... :Eek!:

Parked up out side and walked in for a look...

And as you say more like a gypsy camp than anything else,,, spun round and high tailed it out of there...

And this site was in one of the better site books... :Doh::Sad:

3. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

I think you will find this in the UK as well. Some people carry pot plants and garden ornaments with them to decorate their pitches. Many are either full timers or have a seasonal pitch so are down for most weekends.

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Not the sort of motorhoming I enjoy but as I try to avoid sites/aires then I rarely get bothered by them.

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 1