Is it me or what? (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Why is it some drivers use fog lights as weapons? Slightest bit if drizzle or visibility down to a mere mile and on they come, completely ignoring the fact it is and offence. They blind other road users with their ignorance and proclaim "well at least you can see me!" :mad:
If you can see the car in front turn the front fogs off, if you can see a car behind turn the rear off. But of course if you're the flash bugger driving with side lights and fog lights on, you don't look cool - you look like a prat!
Rant over, time for my medicine ;)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Re filter into motorways,when driving on m/ways and dualcarridge ways I usually start to think about vehicles entering when there is an exit as one follows another that way you can avoid boxing others in by not overtaking and giving all traffic room to manuver. But then I have all the time left to me. Martin.:D

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
And who decides how close is close?

As stated in previously speedomters are notoriously wrong so how close do you think you are?
Having always taken the trouble to find out my speedo error - very close. My 2.8JTD Ducato / Hymer, for example, has a speedo that reads 72mph at a true 65mph. The error is proportional throughout the speedo range.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Indeed, which is the exact same wording as for broken white lines. One should only ever overtake if it is necessary and safe to do so.

{Edit to add]
I have done this with a traffic officer following me on countless occasions.
I love those markings where a dual- changes to a single- carriageway. Late overtakers would rather force their way back into the inside lane than run over the road markings.

barearse

Free Member
Dec 31, 2012
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just starting
People who, whilst stationary on the opposite side to which they face sitting there with their headlamps on!:mad:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Why is it some drivers use fog lights as weapons? Slightest bit if drizzle or visibility down to a mere mile and on they come, completely ignoring the fact it is and offence.

The way to overcome the dazzzle of rear fogs ,& the ability to see the brake lights come on, is to put headlights on main beam. For some reason this removes the "dazzle" from the light. Don't ask me why ,it just does.(y)

I love those markings where a dual- changes to a single- carriageway. Late overtakers would rather force their way back into the inside lane than run over the road markings.

I watch them coming & move over to force them onto the wrong side of road, especially when in the car. :devil:

People who, whilst stationary on the opposite side to which they face sitting there with their headlamps on!:mad:

Yes,knee-capping is too good for them.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back