is it me or are motorhomes way overpriced here (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
M

michael1956

Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
well we have been yet again to look at a few motorhomes. My last one was a hymer b544 which I loved, but we put a 100,000 miles on it over the time we owned it as I followed by wife around Europe when she worked away. having two pugs at the time I dog sat in the hymer when she was working.
anyway the hymer got to old and had to go. so to my mind anyway after looking at some of these newer motorhomes, they all look very flash, but there is not a lot of long team quilty inbuild. I just don't think that most will stand the test of time. and as to the prices, well just mad. I was at a dealers just to look at lay outs and along carry the sales man and I don't think I have ever heard so much bs in all my life. I know its their job and they are told to say this and that, but there was not one honest word best the hello bit. and I have also seen a number of so say private sellers who our in fact dealers of the back street kind. I think that due to the vest amounts of money to be made with motorhomes that we the buyers are just seen as the fools, mugs etc. even reading a few write ups. one saying that a van converstion costing 34,995 was a great buy, this being fitted with a small fiat engine with no a/c and the list of extras adding 1000,s onto the price. maybe that hotel room looks better by the day. who knows. michael

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
should have stayed with the hymer.I have still got my elddis I brought 24 years ago.still looks great inside and out.still. going as well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back