Is it me? 23'3" saga goes on... do read (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As you all know I sold the RV on Thursday... the chap paid a cash deposit (I am a lawyer as you know so it is a signed contract with a non refundable clause) it was agree it would be collected on Sunday.. but to be fair they have up to 6 p.m. on the 30th September 2012 then the deposit is forfeited.

I cancelled all the adverts with the words deposit taken....

Yesterday Sue ..SWMBO spent hours ...as I did getting all the things on the every extensive list of now included items from the garage, the workshop, the office and the spare bedrooms... so much.. and to make sure it all got ticked off the list as it was reloaded... as it took 9 hours to unload, you can imagine how long it takes to put it back on.. even with my son in laws help in the evening. We even run the fridge up and put the RV in ready to roll mode.

It was agreed we would get a call today to get times sorted.... (I have some other things to do tomorrow).. no call, so I thought I would remind them we had agreed to sort a time.

WAIT for it...................

Oh, we will not collect it tomorrow.... why I ask? we have not got anywhere to put it yet????

so where are you going to put it? we have to find storage!!!!!!!! OK... reminded the chap he would lose his £500 deposit if it was not collected... CASH was taken off him.

OK he says... but I can collect it up until the 30th? yes that is what the contract says I tell him.. OK I will give you 24 hours notice of when I will collect it.

I then ask him.. what are you going to do about the electric for the RV? oh he says.... you know to keep the batteries on line etc., via the sterling? ...... I know it was late in the evening when the deal was done, but he was awake (I hope)...

So all that rushing to get it reloaded could have been done over a longer period it seems.
So SWMBO has now gone back on to the RV.. shut down the fridge again, closed the slide out.. pulled all the blinds down again.. and put it to bed until it is collected.

Mind you I am more than happy to earn £500 for keeping it ... plus if I have to readvertise it the RV will be with the goodies and a new price:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously I cannot believe anyone buys an RV and has no idea about storage... Hang on yes I do.. a member who has not been on here for a very long time that bought an 29' RV from a show at last Shepton ... he had nowhere to store it and I think he got rid of it in the end.... When I bought this and also for the replacement, I have made sure I can get it on the drive and on EHU.

Oh well the story continues... Good job I am not in a hurry to have the new RV arrive.

watch this space as they say........

Bob:Blush:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Even non refundable deposits are sometimes refundable if he took you to Court Bob.

I would rate his chances, especially as you are a lawyer and he might argue there was an inequality of bargaining power/ understanding.

Hope it doesn't come to that.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Why 30 Sept? Is it a lawyer thing ?
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Some sharp lawyer gave him 3 weeks to pay :ROFLMAO: should have been a few days for money in full

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Stand terms and conditions used.

Even non refundable deposits are sometimes refundable if he took you to Court Bob.

I would rate his chances, especially as you are a lawyer and he might argue there was an inequality of bargaining power/ understanding.

Hope it doesn't come to that.

Standard terms and conditions used... Well my terms and condition:Blush: Good consideration and all that... Breach of contract works both ways if I remember right:RollEyes: I as the seller have an expectation as well. Of course he can have a refund of deposit after I have disbursed my expenses and sold it to another party.. Of course if it is les than he was paying, I would be entitled to claim that either from his deposit or him under damages. The district judges in Tunbridge Wells County Court would I am sure give a representation an ear...

I can account for my expenses Chris... Readvertising, time taken, extended insurance cover, etc., etc., I am more than able to defend a corner and a contract... But hey, it will never go there.. He does not want to throw £500 away.. But I bet he gets his storage sorted out.

Just amazes me that people do not consider or sort these things out before they put down a deposit.

Anyway watch ths space... Who said thank goodness to the end of 23'3":Blush:

Bob

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
As you all know I sold the RV on Thursday... the chap paid a cash deposit (I am a lawyer as you know so it is a signed contract with a non refundable clause) it was agree it would be collected on Sunday.. but to be fair they have up to 6 p.m. on the 30th September 2012 then the deposit is forfeited.

I cancelled all the adverts with the words deposit taken....

Yesterday Sue ..SWMBO spent hours ...as I did getting all the things on the every extensive list of now included items from the garage, the workshop, the office and the spare bedrooms... so much.. and to make sure it all got ticked off the list as it was reloaded... as it took 9 hours to unload, you can imagine how long it takes to put it back on.. even with my son in laws help in the evening. We even run the fridge up and put the RV in ready to roll mode.

It was agreed we would get a call today to get times sorted.... (I have some other things to do tomorrow).. no call, so I thought I would remind them we had agreed to sort a time.

WAIT for it...................

Oh, we will not collect it tomorrow.... why I ask? we have not got anywhere to put it yet????

so where are you going to put it? we have to find storage!!!!!!!! OK... reminded the chap he would lose his £500 deposit if it was not collected... CASH was taken off him.

OK he says... but I can collect it up until the 30th? yes that is what the contract says I tell him.. OK I will give you 24 hours notice of when I will collect it.

I then ask him.. what are you going to do about the electric for the RV? oh he says.... you know to keep the batteries on line etc., via the sterling? ...... I know it was late in the evening when the deal was done, but he was awake (I hope)...

So all that rushing to get it reloaded could have been done over a longer period it seems.
So SWMBO has now gone back on to the RV.. shut down the fridge again, closed the slide out.. pulled all the blinds down again.. and put it to bed until it is collected.

Mind you I am more than happy to earn £500 for keeping it ... plus if I have to readvertise it the RV will be with the goodies and a new price:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously I cannot believe anyone buys an RV and has no idea about storage... Hang on yes I do.. a member who has not been on here for a very long time that bought an 29' RV from a show at last Shepton ... he had nowhere to store it and I think he got rid of it in the end.... When I bought this and also for the replacement, I have made sure I can get it on the drive and on EHU.

Oh well the story continues... Good job I am not in a hurry to have the new RV arrive.

watch this space as they say........

Bob:Blush:

Sorry about your timewasting dreamer. I am having a similar experience, but not as expensive. I sold a vinyl signwriting cutter 10 weeks ago, the buyer paid and promised to collect that week. I heard nothing so rang hime 10 days ago to offer delivery to his home in Hull as we were taking the ferry to Zeebruge. His answer, I am to busy today as it is my son's birthday. I get the feeling he doesn't want it now.
Chin up mate, you stumbled on a dreamer. You WILL sell it, it's a beautiful vehicle and a credit to you.
Wilf

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am with Jhost on this 3 week is too long.You should have gave him a few days, either to pay and collect or simply pay in full to collect on agreed date
Hope it does not fall through:Smile:
Hope he has not seen and bought the one off eBay that failed to get 18k bin price same year 34k mile and lpg
Terry

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
In the motor trade, it`s not a deposit it is -- £500 off-- of the invoice as supplied with £££££ left to pay .
Goods remain registered owners until paid in full

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
IMHO £500 was way too low as a deposit. 10% at least, methinks. He can walk away from £500 without too much pain. Two and a half grand (ish) is a different matter. If it was a spur of the moment purchase, without too much thought to the consequent issues, once he discovers what comes with the 23ft 9in (ish) territory he may rethink. Hope not, but seriously would'nt be overly surprised. Ho humm.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I thought that nagging itch i had when 23.3 was up for sale had gone away.
now it is starting again---"now what would 23.3 look like outside my window?"
buy it some one please--i can not rest----

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I agree given him to long

I am with Jhost on this 3 week is too long.You should have gave him a few days, either to pay and collect or simply pay in full to collect on agreed date
Hope it does not fall through:Smile:
Hope he has not seen and bought the one off eBay that failed to get 18k bin price same year 34k mile and lpg
Terry

Yes on hind sight have given him to long... he said originally earliest I can collect it is Sunday.. fine I said but anytime up to the end of the month.. so I put the 30th September in to the Bill of sale / contract... just means I have to run the insurance longer on it... which is a pain as that will be a loss of return policy fees... oh well... if I had not sold it then I would have had to keep the insurance going in any case.

I am happy to be in funds by someone else's £500.

More cross about the work getting all the goodies on again and running everything up etc.,

Still when it goes he gets what is on the list and not a single extra... my good will only runs so far.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
fully agree Mary

IMHO £500 was way too low as a deposit. 10% at least, methinks. He can walk away from £500 without too much pain. Two and a half grand (ish) is a different matter. If it was a spur of the moment purchase, without too much thought to the consequent issues, once he discovers what comes with the 23ft 9in (ish) territory he may rethink. Hope not, but seriously would'nt be overly surprised. Ho humm.

Yes Mary I fully agree and I said to Sue it should have been 10% of the end price £24,200 but he came out only with £500 in cash... I do not do cheques. So anyway I have £500 and will wait and see... up to him now. Not going to lose any sleep over it. I have the ebay advert showing a deposit is paid, but the item will be re advertised if the buyer fails to complete the deal.

Still a lot of page turners.....

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Where does he live ? - maybe someone on here can help find the storage:thumb:​

Good idea JJ.

If he lives in Kent, there is usually plenty of space in Medway Bridge Marina in Rochester.

Bit of a pain in terms of opening times but no need to tell him that:winky:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
He could store it , live in it, EHU , all year round in somerset for £11 per day !:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
[HI]Good idea JJ.[/HI]

If he lives in Kent, there is usually plenty of space in Medway Bridge Marina in Rochester.

Bit of a pain in terms of opening times but no need to tell him that:winky:

My people advise me to point out that this was not my idea... It must be another, wiser "JJ".

JJ :Cool:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
He lives in Northholt .. middlesex North east of Heathrow direction I would say.

Bob

Bob

Suggest to the buyer that for storage he could consider this CaSSOA Gold storage site. About 25 miles from Northolt .approx 25 minute drive using M40 / M25 /M1 :

Woodwells Caravan Park .

Broken Link Removed

just off M1 Junction 8

Owned / administered by Dacorum Council.

Commercial Assets & Property Development
Direct Dial: 01442 228374

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My people advise me to point out that this was not my idea... It must be another, wiser "JJ".

JJ :Cool:

Apologies JJ. I thought it was out of character::bigsmile:

I think I might have been confused by similar fonts:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back