Is it fair?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by The Dude, Oct 22, 2013.

1. The Dude

The Dude Funster

About to trade in our mh for another. Our current van has a melamine dinner service which fits into a purpose made plastic tray/holder screwed inside one of the cupboards. The new van doesn't have any crockery or a plastic holder. The question is - Is it fair to take the dinner service out of our current van?

Second question: Current van has Autogas with aluminium cylinder (I think I mean Alugas). New van doesn't. Can I take the cylinder out and use it in new van until such time as I can get a Autogas filler fitted to the new van. In other words will the aluminium cylinder fit onto a normal gas cupboard fitting.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Don't see why you cant remove items listed..

As long as no damage is done when removing them..

Just make sure you tell the dealer/buyer they will be removed...

Very few new vans come with extra`s... :Smile:

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Depends on if you have been given a price by the dealer. Would you think it fair if the dealer changed new tyres for old after you had agreed a price.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Gooney

Gooney Funster

As long as you state clearly what you intend to leave in the van when you do the deal there can be no problem, dealer would probably throw in a set of plates to seal the deal anyway. Also remember some new vehicles don't come with leisure batteries as standard.

5. jools66

jools66 Read Only Funster

As said I think if the dealer is made aware of your plans to remove things shouldn't be a problem :Smile:

:Eek!:
    Wouldn't a motorhome 'not be fit for purpose' without a leisure battery?

6. Bellini

Bellini Funster

I think it also depends how long the dealer spent looking at your trade-in. There's always the chance he's not noticed this stuff. Is a dealer likely to be selling a 'van with used plates in it?

A far as the Alugas is concerned, if he's not looked thoroughly then I don't see the problem. But if you stated that to him, then leave it as-is.

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If the rack is screwed in, by removing it you will leave holes, the van is being p/xd fitted with the gas system and as such is part of the vehicle.

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  8. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

If it's melamine crockery I'd leave it in for the next purchaser to bin :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Who wants second hand stuff ?

If I found old stuff in ANYTHING I buy, it would go straight in the bin.

10. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Take the bl**dy lot! When was the last time anyone left YOU anything?? Bet you the dealer or his crew will lift anything they fancy themselves, so beat them to it!! :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Er, can I have it??? :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. JJ

JJ Funster

Do I detect some Crockery Snob Funsters?

Melamine stuff ROCKS!

(Normal members say take it all out... Dealer member says leave it in...:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:)

JJ. :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Slight correction, just leave the plate rack in:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Peter

14. daisy mae

daisy mae Read Only Funster

When I bought my first van it still had the original crockery, I packed that away and used melamine sold it recently and put the original back in, when I first bought the van, it had an awning rail, gas bottles when I collected seller had taken them off, so if you want them take them off.

The van I have just bought, didn`t come with gas bottles, even the fittings were taken out of the gas locker, again original crockery, minus one cup, also has 4 wine glasses, have packed them up, and replaced with the melamine, lighter for one thing and doesn`t break, I am taking out the plasic plate and cup rack but keeping it for when I sell it.
    Surely you are getting the px price for the van and not the extras, unless they were put in by the manufactorers.Dealers do take out the extras sometimes.

15. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

When we were trying to sell the Burstner I eventually took out most of the extras, Oyster Dish, Solar Panel, Second Leisure Battery, spare wheel, EHU cable, handbrake extender, headlamp protectors, engine. Only kidding about the engine.

Mike

16. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I would leave the crockery and ask the dealer to swap the gas bottles and fittings.

17. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

anything that was screwed or bolted to the motorhome when the dealer gave you a price will form part of the contract of sale as fixtures and fittings. removing them without first talking to the dealer about it is fraud

anything loose like plates, pots pans and personal stuff take out or it will get binned

18. sedge

sedge Funster

Our Bessie came with a gas bottle - horrid bright yellow thing. Pete fitted Gaslow the next day. When we PXed it we said it had Gaslow but we were taking it out and putting it in the new one.

So he took it out and all the fittings and put the bright yellow one back in complete with all it's fittings, they'd all been sitting in our garage for the intervening 4 years.

We were astonished that the Bessie never had a plate rack, we thought they were standard. Furthermore you can't BUY a plastic one only horrid plastic coated metal, which is not the same thing at all. It did have a SQUARE mug rack though, the upright kind where you stack the mugs vertically. Who on earth has SQUARE mugs? So I instantly cut up some of the Gaslow packaging so they had an internal, cardboard tube fitting (with the vertical gap for the handle to match) to stop the mugs rattling themselves to smithereens.