Is he in the right or is he a nuisance, (1 Viewer)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Leave the guy alone, he's hurting no one AND he's breaking no laws. I hope he stays there for ages if just to piss people off. Also the daily rag has made him a target for the local riff raff who'll see this as an opportunity to abuse or even damage his MH without any reprocusions.....shame on them.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Tambo the wee cottage in your photo features in the inside of new _ _ _ bank mobile offices. (the ones you see on the telly in rural areas)I have just fitted these out on two that should hit the road very soon. Your van could easily have been photoshopped out of them,,,lol

2075tom

Free Member
Nov 14, 2013
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2013
I'm a new blue badge holder and understood that there is a 3 hour limit on parking with the timer set. Or is it that that only applies on double yellow lines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. no there is no time limmit on a disabled marked parking . if you go back a bit on the threads i scanned the dept for transport booklet. you should have one supplied with your badge and clock.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Tambo the wee cottage in your photo features in the inside of new _ _ _ bank mobile offices. (the ones you see on the telly in rural areas)I have just fitted these out on two that should hit the road very soon. Your van could easily have been photoshopped out of them,,,lol
Ah funnily enough the company I work for makes the units that get fitted in the b.o.s and post office vans

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
what is wrong with all you negative people on here you would think that they never stray off the strait and narrow , narrow being the opretive word (narrow mind) this poor guy just trying to enjoy his twilight years ,keeping himself to himself . disabled badge means he can stop as long as he wants as far as i see it . its the bigoted attitude of some on this site and in this country that sets the english apart from the rest of europe and i dont mean in a good way . and another thing where has this freeloader shit come from ? STAN

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
what is wrong with all you negative people on here you would think that they never stray off the strait and narrow , narrow being the opretive word (narrow mind) this poor guy just trying to enjoy his twilight years ,keeping himself to himself . disabled badge means he can stop as long as he wants as far as i see it . its the bigoted attitude of some on this site and in this country that sets the english apart from the rest of europe and i dont mean in a good way . and another thing where has this freeloader shit come from ? STAN

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
He's still there anyway , the spot he is in is actually a row of approx 20 disabled spaces , i passed on Friday and there were 6 vans in total all parked next to each other and a in disabled spaces

14099273186590.jpg

I was going to say hello but just as I was taking this pic he reversed out and drove away....

Can't see how he's causing a nuisance as the nearest houses are a good bit back from where he is , there's also a large fairground not 100 yards along from him the sun newspaper had a open topped double decker bus parked next to it and there seemed to be some show or other going on lots of huge speakers on stands all along the sea wall.

Not sure what the attraction is for him at that place as roads quite busy so not a lot of peace ......loads of better wildcamping spots just down the road

Incidentally the bike shown in the article was nowhere to be seen .....van has a bike rack but no bike attached

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
One person doing what he is doing isn't a problem and he's doing no-one any harm. However I think most motorhomers are concerned that, rightly or wrongly, we're being tarred with the same brush as 'travellers'. Wild camping or camping on a car park is, or should be, OK for an odd night when on the move. I personally don't believe it's OK for a long-term stay (or an entire holiday). Any "abuse" of any suitable area for over-nighting invariably leads to it being closed-off by one means or another. Hence the concern about this gentleman.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
He's still there anyway , the spot he is in is actually a row of approx 20 disabled spaces , i passed on Friday and there were 6 vans in total all parked next to each other and a in disabled spaces

View attachment 41107

I was going to say hello but just as I was taking this pic he reversed out and drove away....

Can't see how he's causing a nuisance as the nearest houses are a good bit back from where he is , there's also a large fairground not 100 yards along from him the sun newspaper had a open topped double decker bus parked next to it and there seemed to be some show or other going on lots of huge speakers on stands all along the sea wall.

Not sure what the attraction is for him at that place as roads quite busy so not a lot of peace ......loads of better wildcamping spots just down the road

Incidentally the bike shown in the article was nowhere to be seen .....van has a bike rack but no bike attached

Air show on at the w/e on the Low green ( just to your right and slightly behind in your photo)
It seems the newspaper story has given more M/hers a heads up to the best places to park down that way.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
:clap2:
This selfish person is giving a bad reputation to those who genuinely have disabilities and need to use blue badges.

I truly hope that any disability benefits are investigated and that his entitlement to a blue badge is looked at.

As a blue badge holder I wouldnt dream of taking such advantage and in fact if I am having an exceptionally good day, I park in the normal bays, using my badge only when it is necessary.

Much as I am dreading winter, this summer, mobility wise overall has been the best for me in 10 years regardless of pain and predictability etc.
:clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back