Is he in the right or is he a nuisance, (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well, at least it does have electrickery.......(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I think that's going next door lol it doesn't even have a floor
So you don't need to rip the floor up to check for rot! If I was 10 years younger I'd consider it.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
At no point that I could see did it say the cycle was his - it may belong to his "lady friend", Ladies have been known to ride cycles with cross frames :giggle:.

In Scotland the 3 hour limit to disabled spaces does not apply.

I am disabled and have been advised by the physio to swim and cycle (electric assist bike) - walking isn't as easy as either. I did have a blue badge but have not applied to have it renewed, as on the days when I would use it I can't as I am unable to get to the car! On good days I wouldn't use a disabled bay as others have more need.

He isn't breaking the law but by being there for so long I can see that there will be a by-law preventing camping or cooking in this area sooner rather than later.
Also in Scotland Disabled drivers can get a dedicated parking space in the road especially marked with their house number on it.

Would it be an abuse of the system if he parked his car here for 3 months and never moved it?????????

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Also in Scotland Disabled drivers can get a dedicated parking space in the road especially marked with their house number on it.

Would it be an abuse of the system if he parked his car here for 3 months and never moved it?????????
hardly the same thing as a dedicated bay with his number in is presumably for his sole use. far different to a public disabled bay, there for visiting disabled folk to allow easy access to the beach or facilities. parking for 3 months in a public bay prevents any other disabled folk from accessing the area

anyway, from what was posted recently, it seems that he does actually move the van from time to time. still cant understand why he needs to hog a disabled bay though if he rides a bike

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
I always thought that disabled bays were for parking to allow badge holders access, otherwise denied or difficult. My badge rules state that the disabled person (badge holder) is not allowed to remain in the vehicle, when parked with the badge displayed and in a marked disabled bay. Certainly in England time limits apply. Scotland may be different now.
I would endorse the earlier comment , that not all disabilities are apparent. I sometimes wish that I could exchange my badge for previous able bodied times, but meanwhile thank my lucky stars that I can still use the badge to enjoy, as far as possible what all those of you, who moan about abusers, take for granted.
May your God grant that you never need a badge.
Meanwhile enjoy your freedom.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I always thought that disabled bays were for parking to allow badge holders access, otherwise denied or difficult. My badge rules state that the disabled person (badge holder) is not allowed to remain in the vehicle, when parked with the badge displayed and in a marked disabled bay. Certainly in England time limits apply. Scotland may be different now.
I would endorse the earlier comment , that not all disabilities are apparent. I sometimes wish that I could exchange my badge for previous able bodied times, but meanwhile thank my lucky stars that I can still use the badge to enjoy, as far as possible what all those of you, who moan about abusers, take for granted.
May your God grant that you never need a badge.
Meanwhile enjoy your freedom.
hi. where are you getting those rules/my dept of transport booklet says on street parking disabled bays you may park without time limit . thats page 16.
on page8 it says its not illegal for a badge holder or a none badge holder waiting for the badge holder to return ,to remain in the vehicle while the blue badge is displayed.
consideration should be given to using a carpark when ever possible .
be interesting where your info comes from .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
this is taken from the dept for transport booklet issued to me it is dated 2012 .
if yours is later be nice to see where it says differently.

Attachments

• img157.jpg
    img157.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 18
  • img158.jpg
    img158.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 18
  • img159.jpg
    img159.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 17
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
this is taken from the dept for transport booklet issued to me it is dated 2012 .
if yours is later be nice to see where it says differently.
I don't se such a big dale her and maybe just a bit of misinterpretation of the rules.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
be nice to know if its changed though . i like to try to keep up to date .
honest question no tricks .
as i see it there is no time limit for him .

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
vwalan
Thank you for clarification. I do not mind being proven wrong, indeed , your proof is indisputable and I stand corrected.
My comprehension of the rules, however, has led me to use the badge as needed, not necessarily as entitled. If a `normal` parking space is reasonably available, within my motion capability, then I will use that, on the assumption that some one who is more incapacitated than I, may need the disabled space more than I do.
I live in hope that the same courtesy would be offered to me. In the greater scheme, there is usually some one worse off or more worthy of consideration.........

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
vwalan
Thank you for clarification. I do not mind being proven wrong, indeed , your proof is indisputable and I stand corrected.
My comprehension of the rules, however, has led me to use the badge as needed, not necessarily as entitled. If a `normal` parking space is reasonably available, within my motion capability, then I will use that, on the assumption that some one who is more incapacitated than I, may need the disabled space more than I do.
I live in hope that the same courtesy would be offered to me. In the greater scheme, there is usually some one worse off or more worthy of consideration.........
yes ,i,m the same . mind if i ride my big m,bike i often get challenged if parking in a disabled bay .
also in my mini artic truck also get remarks . mind i dont mind lifting a trouser leg and showing both legs in orthotics and pointing to the disabled tax disc . it does look like a break down truck . but isnt .
unfortunately the same folk dont see me using the zimmer frame on wheels with built in seat if i have to walk any distance .
they get really annoyed if i use a full size artic unit . i still have full hgv licence . am one of the many disabled hgv drivers . that really annoys them .

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Big day tomorrow.
1st time out in the camper, since the all clear for driving again from the neurologist, after my 2nd stroke. So, be prepared to give me a wide berth, on the road from Rothbury, via Otterburn to Galashiels and the Borders General Hospital via Carter Bar.
Hopefully I will find a disabled bay at the hospital!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Big day tomorrow.
1st time out in the camper, since the all clear for driving again from the neurologist, after my 2nd stroke. So, be prepared to give me a wide berth, on the road from Rothbury, via Otterburn to Galashiels and the Borders General Hospital via Carter Bar.
Hopefully I will find a disabled bay at the hospital!
A few years ago when our car was off the road we had to use our van for a hospital appointment. I was unsure about being able to use the main car parks so contacted the Patient Advice & Liaison Service. They arranged for us to use a restricted area (and no charge). It might be worth giving the hospital a ring if you have time.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
That's fine and indisputable. As discussed on several threads previously, though, there is a difference in this country between parking and habitation of a vehicle.
graham thats for in a different area to where op is parked try reading the on street parking in a disabled bay.
you are misleading folk there . taking things out of context.

i do agree he is too long really but the books do back what he is doing . thats why he as got away with it .

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Graham,
Thank you for that information.
My camper is based on a Renault Master, and at 6 mtrs it fits into most car parking bays.
Just.
I shall be looking for a disabled bay today, because the car park at BGH is huge, and the walking distances are well beyond my present capabilities.
The weather here is good, mildly overcast, should be good views over Carter Bar towards the Borders.
Been off the road since end of April, time to get going again....................

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
graham thats for in a different area to where op is parked try reading the on street parking in a disabled bay.
you are misleading folk there . taking things out of context.

i do agree he is too long really but the books do back what he is doing . thats why he as got away with it .
Nothing to do with context Alan. Parking is parking and habitation is habitation, regardless of location.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Graham,
Thank you for that information.
My camper is based on a Renault Master, and at 6 mtrs it fits into most car parking bays.
Just.
I shall be looking for a disabled bay today, because the car park at BGH is huge, and the walking distances are well beyond my present capabilities.
The weather here is good, mildly overcast, should be good views over Carter Bar towards the Borders.
Been off the road since end of April, time to get going again....................

Goodluck Mastercamper hope all goes well and you get much more use of your MH

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
(y)(y)
You sounded just like David Cameron there :) you ever thought of running for election.

Some people go camping to sit in neat little sites watching others doing the same getting pestered with kids paying silly money for a spot of grass they already pay for in 100 other ways

Me ......i like this away from everyone surrounded by beauty peace quiet and tranquility I leave it better than I found it for the next person to enjoy ....FREE
View attachment 38464 View attachment 38465 View attachment 38466
And incidentally that cottage is empty and derelict before someone says about neighbours :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back