Is he in the right or is he a nuisance, (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Have been reading both post on this.
The police are not interested.no law broken.
The council who own the land are happy to have him or others to use the cp and facilities nearby
and from what has been written they are still in a usable condition.
So why knock him .he will probably have a story to tell also .he's certainly making full use of his classic van
Anyone local to the area why not go and ask him?
Sign him up to fun
Live and let live and yes I also have a blue badge can swim and ride a bike hurts like hell but can still do it .
Have a nice day
I have mixed feelings after reding many of the post yes he has payed a life time of tax yes he is in his twilight years but why stay in the same place this is the thing Scotland has a wealth of lovely places to free camp.
We love to free camp but are always aware of not staying to long and abusing the situation.
As other responsible motorhomers may want to use these places and to many complaint abut long term free loaders will destroy it for every one.
Maybe he keeps his aria clean but there are lodes of free loading tossers that don't .
And now with this publicity there will be a dozen vans all dumping there waste in the bins and making it misery for the local community.
And screwing it up for us all.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have mixed feelings after reding many of the post yes he has payed a life time of tax yes he is in his twilight years but why stay in the same place this is the thing Scotland has a wealth of lovely places to free camp.
We love to free camp but are always aware of not staying to long and abusing the situation.
As other responsible motorhomers may want to use these places and to many complaint abut long term free loaders will destroy it for every one.
Maybe he keeps his aria clean but there are lodes of free loading tossers that don't .
And now with this publicity there will be a dozen vans all dumping there waste in the bins and making it misery for the local community.
Who is writing this for you Bill ?:D
terry

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Who is writing this for you Bill ?:D
terry
I am going to adult literacy lessons at one of the local schools.
They say you cant tech a old dog new tricks.
The first thing I learnt was take my time been going two night a week for the last three weeks.
I am also learning at the funster school

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
well dont park in the wrong place bill :)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I am going to adult literacy lessons at one of the local schools.
They say you cant tech a old dog new tricks.
The first thing I learnt was take my time been going two night a week for the last three weeks.
I am also learning at the funster school

Bill,
It's working.
Keep it going, Mate.
Well done.(y)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Has anyone considered that this 'camper' might be a benefit to the area ?

If you 'streetview' Ayr Esplanade you will see how vast it is - plenty of room - and housing/hotels well away

If he is parked close to the toilets it might deter vandals or others........

The presence of the MH 24/7 might make the place feel more secure..............

His van and 'his' area are clean and tidy........no rubbish or washing line - I've hung towels over wing mirrors
- he seems to keep himself to his self, the only problem I can see is his use of a disabled bay

Not saying he is right staying there all Summer either - but it is it so wrong? he's not breaking the law - he might even be helping keep the place a little safer..........................

:)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Who are you and what have you done with the real Bill? :LOL:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
While I agree that he is abusing the Blue Badge system. With regard to the bicycle etc. please note that not ALL disabilities are visible

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
While I agree that he is abusing the Blue Badge system. With regard to the bicycle etc. please note that not ALL disabilities are visible
not all disabilities are visible, however to get a blue badge you need to meet the criteria of being virtually unable to walk any distance or require supervision getting about

this however has been abused and for some unknown reason Dr's have been signing applications for virtually everyone that asks aged over 60. it is clearly time that the blue badge system is reformed and only those that genuinely need it should have access to a badge and parking concessions

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
for off road parking in local authority car parks its up to the local authority how long you can park. there is no time limits like on street use of the blue badge .
if the local authority wants him moved they can and will do it through the courts .
if there are restricted times then it should be on a sign . seems its not restricted so he isnt abusing the system .
mind i do think better to move around a bit would be better . but come on at his age does he really care what we or others think ?
if i/we /you get to that age will we care ?
i wear both legs in calipers but you never see them unless i wear shorts .
i get remarks now if out on my m,bike . even driving a hgv . but have to go to a medical board meeting to keep the categories . trouble is the man in the street doesnt know or care . just likes to moan if i park in a blue badge area . often get told disabled people shouldnt be allowed to ride m,bikes . i know a few with no legs that ride them . but you wouldnt know to see them .

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Pisstaking moron.

There will be a height barrier erected once he moves on!

He,s parked on a through road very difficult to barrier.........the place once had many wild//free campers along the prom a bit but i think they restricted it with yellow lines.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
For my own information,whats the accepted time in one of these parking areas ??, or a normal parking lot,by the sea,without locl council restrictions, plan is to start in the UK next year and then set off down south to France,Spain ,Portugal ext ext
ArticKris, If there are any restrictions on parking they are usually signs nearby that displays the terms.
Yellow lines on the road also denote restrictions.....there a signs nearby that display these.
Most other restrictions are common sense....ie in a SAFE place not causing an obstruction to others.

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Kabe Travel Master i910 Q
Exp
Since 1990
ArticKris, If there are any restrictions on parking they are usually signs nearby that displays the terms.
Yellow lines on the road also denote restrictions.....there a signs nearby that display these.
Most other restrictions are common sense....ie in a SAFE place not causing an obstruction to others.

Thankyou Bobby,ive been quite a lot to the UK,and i must say that some of the signs can be a bit hard on the brain,especially if you try to read them fast,Heres a little story of one of many experiances in London,

I used to deliver fish from North Norway to the old Billingsgate Fish market,i arrived early one sunday evening ready for the Fish buyer ,i didnt understand the parking restrictions and it cost me a few quid,the guy helping me unload found it very funny,i remember he said ,and i quote "hahahaha f***ing Norwegians,hahahaha f***ing opeless,never mind me old China,we can av a pint wiv our full English later " i was absolutely and totaly lost,didnt have a clue what he was saying,i just said,"ok thanks Mr", the pint of beer and full English breakfast at 2 oclock in the night was beutiful, (y)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Thankyou Bobby,ive been quite a lot to the UK,and i must say that some of the signs can be a bit hard on the brain,especially if you try to read them fast,Heres a little story of one of many experiances in London,

I used to deliver fish from North Norway to the old Billingsgate Fish market,i arrived early one sunday evening ready for the Fish buyer ,i didnt understand the parking restrictions and it cost me a few quid,the guy helping me unload found it very funny,i remember he said ,and i quote "hahahaha f***ing Norwegians,hahahaha f***ing opeless,never mind me old China,we can av a pint wiv our full English later " i was absolutely and totaly lost,didnt have a clue what he was saying,i just said,"ok thanks Mr", the pint of beer and full English breakfast at 2 oclock in the night was beutiful, (y)
Your right......London, right now, is a minefield for driving in. Cameras everywhere. Bus lanes, Cycle lanes, box junctions, Red routes emission zones congestion charges........ anti motor vehicle altogether.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I think he's taking the Mickey.. But the parking restrictions should be sorted to prevent people staying more than 1 day.. or 2 days or whatever..
Its a nice clean van though and very clean around it.. Easy target for a red top

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Is there anyone nearby (Ayr) who would dare 'interview' him for FUN ?

..............................Come on someone

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
strange isn^t it? we all get on here and complain that councils should follow France and have places for motorhomes to park, then when we have a council who allows a motorhome unlimited Parking everyone starts shouting about him being a freeloader. Would the same people on here say anything against him if he was parked in a normal bay instead of a disabled one

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
strange isn^t it? we all get on here and complain that councils should follow France and have places for motorhomes to park, then when we have a council who allows a motorhome unlimited Parking everyone starts shouting about him being a freeloader. Would the same people on here say anything against him if he was parked in a normal bay instead of a disabled one

I think you have missed the point here / it's NOT about the local council allowing him to park. It is about his ABUSE of the blue badge he is using to park. I like nearly 99% of people on "like something for free" whilst using the MH, but this person is making ALL Motor Homing people look bad in the eyes of ANY person using that cark park or reading about it in the papers.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I think you have missed the point here / it's NOT about the local council allowing him to park. It is about his ABUSE of the blue badge he is using to park. I like nearly 99% of people on "like something for free" whilst using the MH, but this person is making ALL Motor Homing people look bad in the eyes of ANY person using that cark park or reading about it in the papers.
Don, for your information, he is not parked in a council run car park. He is parked on a road with a section for disabled facing the seaside.
Sometimes it does take one man to make a stand to get better facilities.
The local area for years upon years upon years had places for motorhomes to free/wild camp, all within 600 yards of where this old buddy is. The council in it's wisdom either put up fences or yellow lines to prevent it. Now if you were this old guy and you had been going to the same place seaside/holiday spot for all these years wouldn't you take advantage of the "loophole".
Now i don't know if this is the case here but could be one explanation.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The local area for years upon years upon years had places for motorhomes to free/wild camp, all within 600 yards of where this old buddy is. The council in it's wisdom either put up fences or yellow lines to prevent it.......

I wonder if there's a length of time that turns 'wild camping' into something less acceptable? I always thought that wild camping was to allow you to go somewhere, park up for a day or two, then move on to another spot.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Don, for your information, he is not parked in a council run car park. He is parked on a road with a section for disabled facing the seaside.
Sometimes it does take one man to make a stand to get better facilities.
The local area for years upon years upon years had places for motorhomes to free/wild camp, all within 600 yards of where this old buddy is. The council in it's wisdom either put up fences or yellow lines to prevent it. Now if you were this old guy and you had been going to the same place seaside/holiday spot for all these years wouldn't you take advantage of the "loophole".
Now i don't know if this is the case here but could be one explanation.

At the end of the day he is ABUSING the use of his Blue Badge PERIOD........ Loophole or not he is making EVERY MOTORHOME OWNER in the eyes of the general public as wasters.............

Any responsible MH owner would use the spot for a day or three or even go away and come back, but weeks on weeks in the same spot. SHAME ON HIM.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
not abusing the blue badge there isnt a time limmit .
he isnt on yellow lines .
he can park there for ever.
no loop hole its allowed .
if you could read the dept for transport blue badge..rights and responsibilities in england book ,
it says ..third lot down .
no good shouting abuse . perfectly ok for parking . as long as he wants .

Attachments

• img156.jpg
    img156.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 19

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, Alan, he can park for as long as he wants but he is not simply parking, he is living there. The blue badge scheme isn't meant for that. He is abusing the system, no getting away from it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
but anyone can stay there for ever it does seem there is no time limits .
might be just parking but gets tired so as a nap and next thing its morning .
come on we do have to laugh . at his age he really doesnt give a monkeys what anyone thinks . would you .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
but anyone can stay there for ever it does seem there is no time limits .
might be just parking but gets tired so as a nap and next thing its morning .
come on we do have to laugh . at his age he really doesnt give a monkeys what anyone thinks . would you .
He probably doesn't give a monkey's what anyone thinks.
Just like the people who break down barriers at places like Huttoft for example? :)
Just like people who litter our streets instead of using bins for example? :)

If more of us did give a monkeys what others think and acted in a manner which respects our fellows, as opposed to just taking what suits us despite the side effects, perhaps we wouldn't have so much trouble in this world :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back