Is anyone else going to Glastonbury next year in their Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Or is it just us? Been going for 20 years - started in a tent; lugging it to the pitch was a herculean feat - but in Good Old Days we could get tickets easily and went with loads of friends. Now I am much older [no idea how that happened] 'we' is OH and I- daughter S-i-law 3 fab grandchildren [who have all gone every year they have been born- 2 before they arrived !] and we go in MoHo kids pitch next to us in tent. You can only get 6 tickets per application and it prevents people meeting up in groups as many people just don't get through [we are obviously witches as we have had tickets every year through trying/crying on line]
This year it is Dearest Friend Carolines 60th - and as she has never been camping [!] and as Glasto is on her bucket list we have treated her to ticket ; and now have ordeal of getting her used to the No Hairdryer issue,

But the stress of 1]getting the tickets [if you haven't tried you have No Idea!]
and the
2] new stress of getting the camper van tickets [today - had too take day off work as they sell out fast] is getting to be Too Much for an Old Wumman.
So... is it just me? I know people hire vans for the festival - and if you want a thread re people cluelessly trying to fill on board water tanks with milk bottle via the EHU.... Glasto is the place to start it...

Hope to see [some?]of you there

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
My daughter and her partner go every year and I always get asked can we borrow the van for Glastonbury ,she always gets the same answer NO CHANCE do you think I am being too mean ?

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Crikey.. I don't know.. the van pitches are on a field; the grass is ok and we have never had a problem getting on/off- the pitches are spaced ok.. the water and grey/black disposable points are usually a 5 min walk away [unless you arrive late and then they are - sadly- too near!
Loads of vans go- more each year. Never seen any problems/damage to any and I think if you think daughter and OH are careful with van / can drive it ok/ it should be ok? but they need to get on line at see tickets asap as the west field [smaller one] is already sold out.
We always go in the east field anyway- quieter and nearer the Kids Area[but the Hill of Death back up to van is a struggle when you have been out all day.]
If van is large [8m plus] she will have to buy a double pitch.£200. But worth the money for the camping- we go early weds stay til Monday.
Best camping in world! Let me know what you decide [you should go!Plenty of us not-so-youngsters]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Sadly not ....never been but me and my wife have always sat at home saying we "must" go ....bought a MH last year but the other half feels she prefers smaller festivals....will be doing a few festivals next year ...but kinda gutted we never tried to get Glasto tickets ...the bus does open up lots of festival options to us :) Enjoy :)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tried and failed to get tickets, waiting for the soring release now :(

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
My daughter and her partner go every year and I always get asked can we borrow the van for Glastonbury ,she always gets the same answer NO CHANCE do you think I am being too mean ?

What are the chances that he / she / their friends would return to the van covered in mud, in a slightly intoxicated state and try and fail to cook bacon before they collapse on the bed ....

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
yes will be there went to the very first one,wont be taking van only live down road will be in own bed,sorry,if i could be any help to anybody pm me regards steve

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
forgot to say dont let any body borrow your van it will end in tears, worked on motorhome parking for years.

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
My wife is taking ours, there's 10 of them going some of them
tenting, they've been lucky got tickets for the last eight years.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No. Didn't get tickets for the third year on the trot :cry:

Might have a go at the resale this time.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Yep - going and motorhome booked in east field Other half 14 or 15 years on the trot and 4 th in a motorhome. My first - insists I have to do it once and the he too will retire from the shenanigans also.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Soozywoozy.. I g/tee you will be hooked , first time maybe but first of many I hope.. the shopping - the food[24/7]- the entertainment- Glasto is a happy happy place and mind blowing. Once you have been you will NEED to go back. My problem is when to stop going... when Great grandkids arrive?
Funster - We will be in East Field- see you on Hill of death or at Cider bus...We will be pulling g kids up hill in trolley with hood - lights - foam seats I made last yr- kids will be pulling me in 2018 [or maybe Caroline in it ?60 dangerous age I recall]
NicNic and Neil FG sorry you didn't get tickets -fingers crossed for resale- you need hi speed broad band [phone provider night before complain- get speed boosted or sign up in fast b band area...]Last yr g kids sold lemonade in camper van field made £20 for green peace £20 for greedy selves spent it all wisely on fun sweets and fabulous toys..so excited 'bout it now ..only 7 months to go.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
fab.. taking the van to I o W? last 3 years we have ended up parked nest to the same people- they will think we are stalking them [Fire persons from from Brum!!]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back