is a mobilvetta s73 a reliable motorhome?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by solitaire woman, Apr 13, 2009.

1. solitaire woman

solitaire woman Read Only Funster

I am thinking of changing my motorhome and have been offered a 06 Mobilvetta s73. I dont know anything about this make of motorhome and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. My concerns are:length is over 7m, is this a problem on ferries, sites etc.
    Payload only seems to be about 470kg which doesnt sound alot for such a large motor home, and finally the brand itself. Is this make known for any major problems. It is a 2.8jtd fiat engine.
    Many thanks for any replies.

2. solitaire woman

solitaire woman Read Only Funster

Surely someone knows something about the mobilvetta range! Any info greatly appreciated.

3. weymard

weymard Read Only Funster

I had a mobilvetta euroyacht 195 (7m15) , 10 years ago. Drove 2 years and 70 000 km. Great camper, good insulation (I went to Alpes with -28° C the night and -15° C the day ! 1 bottle LPG 13 kg for heating ,cooking, water heater for a full one week). You must control the water connections, not always perfect ! And control the assembly of vent, the joint is not always perfect, specially if you have a Heiki.
    For the weight, do not believe that you have 470 kg of payload , it is impossible with 7 meter for all quality motorhomes ! With my Euroyacht 195 the REAL payload (controled by me) was 50 kg !!!! My real weight loaded was around 4000 kg !! But i drove 70 000 km without breakdowns. other aspect the wooden veneer may be a little fragile (too thin).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi all I can say is they look very nice and the engine (serviced properly) will give years of trouble free motoring.The build quality looks up there with some of the best marquees :thumb: looking may be different to using ? but go for it :thumb:
    terry

5. Steven Fawcett

Steven Fawcett Read Only Funster

i have a mobilvetta euroyachat 180 had it three years been spain france and italy
    italian design tastfully finnised no problems nice van