is 100BHP really enough?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by oatmealgroup, Nov 22, 2012.

1. oatmealgroup

oatmealgroup Read Only Funster

Im looking at a suntor 590rs with the 2.2l 100 bhp engine, but note that the sundance equivalent is 130bhp, does anyone have any experience or comments as to whether 100bhp is powerful enough or would detract from the resale value when it comes to selling?

2. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

I had the 2.2L 590RS and it was fine. You will find that the 2.2L is not just for the Suntor, there are many Sundances with the same engine. Maybe not the case now, but the 2.3 was a upgrade option when buying new.

3. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi We've got an Autocruise Starfire with 2.2 , no problem will cruise at 60 all day pulls really good even when fully loaded and very reponsive. Terry:sin:

4. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

We have an Escape 100bhp, no problem with performance, even with the Toad on.:driving2:

5. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

I have the 2.3 130 bhp engine, luckily paid for by the previous owner, but I wouldn't want any less power, that's my personal opinion, I like the torque to pull up inclines on motorways etc, it always seems as if you have something in reserve, but I would think that you should satisfy yourself that the M/H is what you want, that's more important IMO.

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ours was 80 HP, poor on hills, had it re-flashed, alleged 100 HP, now fine on hills one or two gears higher.

Very often these days you can buy the 100 HP one or the 120 HP one and the only difference is the engine map and how much left is in your pocket. So you could get it re-flashed if not happy.

7. aba

aba

stop messing around and get the 3 litre 180 engine then you will be able to pull a house down:thumb: