Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
had a price from irish ferries £402 rtn :Eeek: I don't want to buy the bloody boat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dadsmad

Free Member
Feb 18, 2013
newtownards
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
think thats bad

we're on our way to france just left rosslare ireland €1800 although tesco points paid for most of it. we live in n.ireland and some good sites up there. i put a post on about a site outside rosslare had indoor pool and tennis gym €20 a night for all includ elect. €10 just for pitch. €15 pitch and elec

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Try Stena Line and call them to see what the best price is. We are taking the MH and the car (cannot tow it as too heavy) and return for both was under £450 which included Stena plus and flexible fares. We are going via Holyhead - Dublin and coming back Belfast - Stranraer. If you can avoid weekend sailings as they are more expensive.

Ireland is great in a MH and can recommend it.

Kath and Howie

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
had a price from irish ferries £402 rtn :Eeek: I don't want to buy the bloody boat

We checked the cost from Cairn Ryan to Belfast with Stena and it was £340 return, but depends on whether it's a flexi booking or economy. It's still a lot of money for a 45 minute journey:RollEyes: But we're only 50 minutes drive to Stranraer/Cairn Ryan up this end.

You'll get better rate if you're a member of the Caravan Club:thumb:

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
All crossings to this part of the British Isles are far too expensive.
If in Sligo - try Streedagh beach - not sure if this is the right spelling, but its just beside a village called Grange and near Mullaghmore.
Lots of Pubs/hotels will let you park up as there are height barriers in many beauty spot car parks to stop the chrome class from setting up residence. Apart from that there is a dislike of Motorhomers as they want you to use the overpriced sites.
But don't let that put you off. Great scenery and lots of lovely places to stay.
Regards and enjoy.
:thumb:

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Almost forgot - if not a member of any Club that offers discounts on sailings or you are not using Tesco vouchers - try Nutt Travel in Coleraine. Im not conntected to them, but have used them in the past and know of others who have used them too. It helps if you mention a motorsport event!!!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back