Free Member
Jan 14, 2014
wales
Funster No
MH
low profile motorhome
Exp
since 2008
I have a Solwise outdoor Wifi Rocket antenna that works well with my laptop, connected by a usb cable. The thing I need help with is if I get a usb connector to plug in the cable from my ipad and arial will the ipad pick up the signal from the arial?
Your help would be appreciated.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I would say, the answer is I sincerely doubt it. The iPad expects to be a slave on USB not a master, but not being familiar with the equipment you refer to, I am not sure what it's purpose is.

Do you have a wireless router that could use this aerial, and then effectively transmit a repeater signal? That would work seamlessly with your pad

Deleted User
I'm using a solwise rocket and solwise usb repeater/modem at this very moment (via FON, somewhere in Normandy)

I had to reconfigure the IP address to connect to French FON (see separate FON thread) but the setup has been spot on (currently running 3 devices including ipad)

As nicknic says, a good price also (and quick delivery)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
The antenna uses a Ralink RT3070L Chipset. So in theory you could connect it directly to your ipad but would need to install the correct Ralink driver. I don’t know if they provide one that will work with the Apple OP that the ipad uses. Try the Ralink site.

Most people though use it via an Alfa R36 or Solwise router and create a hotspot that other devices can share.

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back