LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The Note is, apparently great if you need to use a stylus. It is not, however, as well constructed as you might expect for the price.

You might consider a Nexus - good reviews, better to hold and cheaper to buy.

Broken Link Removed

The next consideration is what screen size to go for. 7 inch or 10. Bigger screens may be easier to read but they are heavier to hold and carry.

I would suggest that you also get a good case and consider a Bluetooth keyboard - it will make typing a lot easier.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
The Note is, apparently great if you need to use a stylus. It is not, however, as well constructed as you might expect for the price.

You might consider a Nexus - good reviews, better to hold and cheaper to buy.

Broken Link Removed

The next consideration is what screen size to go for. 7 inch or 10. Bigger screens may be easier to read but they are heavier to hold and carry.

I would suggest that you also get a good case and consider a Bluetooth keyboard - it will make typing a lot easier.

Actually I can't say that the stylus with the Galaxy is a clincher. I tend to forget I've got it most of the time!

Not sure what problems you might have had with construction - mine seems as well made as our ipad, in fact it's difficult to tell them apart at times.

Wyn

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks all for your input,

We would be using the device for surfing, email, the other half likes to play the occasional game, a word type doc would be needed and ability to transfer docs between devices.

We are not big phone users, mine has a black/white screen, one ring tone[HI] and £10 lasts me about 5 months [/HI]so an iphone is of no interest.

We will probably go for the galaxy note .... or so I've been told

Thanks again

2dogs

A classic case where an Ovivo SIM card would be ideal. :thumb:

£15 for the SIM then free of charge thereafter.

http://ovivomobile.com/

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
My house - and motor home - are both "I" free zones!

Whilst away earlier this year, a friend had an ipad that froze. She - like many - was not particularly computer literate so I offered to try to help despite not being very familiar with ipads.

The ipad was locked solid with a message on it that you could not obey. It was not obvious what the few buttons did. Eventually I sorted it by doing a reset.Not obvious how this should be done. So I had to use a combination of microsoft windows (on another machine) and google (to do a search) to sort out apple's product. Says it all!

Also my daughter lost her music collection on her PC so we wanted to copy her music to the PC from her IPOD. NOT easy, windows explorer is blocked from looking at IPOD contents. Managed by downloading other utilities!

As others have said they are no better than other products, they just cost much more and are much more tightly controlled to prevent people like me doing what we want with them.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Not sure what problems you might have had with construction - mine seems as well made as our ipad, in fact it's difficult to tell them apart at times.

Wyn

I haven't had the problems myself but a friend has expressed similar comments to these:

Broken Link Removed

I've just seen the Ovivo website and ordered a sim - if this company can continue to offer such good deals in data and calls, it would make sense for the OP to consider a 3G version of a tablet if they want to access the web when away from wifi areas. It would only be worth the extra if Internet access is important but Ovivo's offer on data costs look tempting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back