Ipad service provider? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Have just bought myself an ipad and am looking at service providers for the sim card. They are all pretty much of a muchness (is there such a word?) and i will only be buying the month long contract but want to get one that has good coverage.
I cannot get a signal with my iphone on O2 in Norfolk and have just had a problem with it in Wales as well. My husbands iphone is with TMobile and was using the Tmobile/orange service in Wales but no signal in Norfolk Broads.
Anyone got a service that they recommend as pretty much comprehensive or am I just going to have to go on trial & error?

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Living in Norfolk I have found the following

T-Mobile / Orange have the best coverage now you can use both networks
O2 is OK
Vodafone is pretty poor to be honest.

Never had a phone on 3 in our family, so can't comment on that one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
iPhone / iPad sim.

I have O2 on iPhone and iPad, not had any problems. Visited Conwy area of North Wales to our caravan (now sold) over the last three years, pretty good coverage but often not 3G so quite slow. I have friend who has a Vodafone for home in Cheshire but she has an O2 sim for Aberdovey in Wales. I bought my month service but last night I had a brief look on how to cancel it, I believe its an "ongoing" contract. No sure but will be checking today. Just beware.

Have a look at the Photosynth application, it's a great free panorama photography application. Good on iPad or iPhone.
Enjoy your iPad.
Regards Brian.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
just looked on ebay and there are sim cutters
to convert standard sims to micro sims for £4.00
may be worth a look cant linky ebay on me i phone