Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well if you use a Windows PC you are already used to cumbersome arcane and bug-ridden rubbish that needs security updates every week. An Apple just does the job without fuss and without having to fight with it.

That's pretty much as I see it too.

But I should add that I am a computer idiot:thumb:

Tmesis

Free Member
Mar 28, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Get one you can put a sim in. I use mine in France (SFR) Germany (vodaphone) orange in Spain.

Also note that the ipad without a sim hole also doesn't have GPS. They dont tell you this in the sales blurb. This means you can't run Copilot without messing around with external GPS modules.

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Sorry to disagree with you but I have an iPad 3 and also a Kindle, I read books on my Kindle outdoors (which is the Kindles strength) and with the Kindle app being syncronised with my pad can switch seamlessly to the book I am reading in bed without having to have the lights on:thumb:
That particular scenario is where Amazon have circumvented Apple's controls by enabling Cloud functionality in it's Kindle app, rather than being an example of an app you can take to another device. The iPad doesn't do the synching, the Kindle app does. Either way, most apps are stand alone rather than needing to synch.

You would probably have to pay to download the Kindle app again on Android if you changed devices, which is a perfect example. If you had bought the Kindle app on Android then you would be able to synch across any Android device, from any manufacturer, with your Kindle.

I'm not disagreeing that it's great functionality to have but wanted to clarify that once you pay for an app on your Apple device, it has to be used on an Apple device. And the more Apple apps you buy, the more tied in you are or the more money you will have thrown away if you migrate.

Cheers,
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
That particular scenario is where Amazon have circumvented Apple's controls by enabling Cloud functionality in it's Kindle app, rather than being an example of an app you can take to another device. The iPad doesn't do the synching, the Kindle app does. Either way, most apps are stand alone rather than needing to synch.

You would probably have to pay to download the Kindle app again on Android if you changed devices, which is a perfect example. If you had bought the Kindle app on Android then you would be able to synch across any Android device, from any manufacturer, with your Kindle.

I'm not disagreeing that it's great functionality to have but wanted to clarify that once you pay for an app on your Apple device, it has to be used on an Apple device. And the more Apple apps you buy, the more tied in you are or the more money you will have thrown away if you migrate.

Cheers,
Lee.

Bit confused here Lee, any Android device? I can sync on any Apple device, I.e. IPad, iPhone, the Kindle app I purchased from iTunes for free, and as far as particular scenario! This was not contrived, it was the first example I thought of, after all knocking on 70 there's few other apps I would think of except for ones that suit my sedentary life style like reading books (and winding up City fans:ROFLMAO:)

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Sure Tony. If Apple does everything you want then there's no reason to migrate or look elsewhere. I just like to have the choice so I'm not cornered into buying the same manufacturers hardware.

Cheers,
Lee.

Dergrowler

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
Charger for Ipad

Hi I use the Griffin charger for my Ipad, no problem.

Broken Link Removed

Also get all my music from Amazon down load the mp3 version and run from Amazon cloud and get the CD so have a hard copy also.

Hope this helps

David:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HARESBY

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie well sort of. Ex continental truck driver.
iPad2

I run a Nexus 7(second issue with two cameras) which is just great.Does what it says on the tin and I can't fault it.It is also cheaper than iPad.It will do the same as the iPad. I use my iPhone for tethering and all work ok.There may not be as many Apps available as iTunes but Play store aint that far behind.If you have the money you takes your choice???:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back