pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
just wish i was there, my first birthday tommorrow in many years that i havnt, bruce aynstey for us hopefully(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
The weather here is fantastic. I really hope it lasts for the next week. If it does we are in for a fantastic festival.

Lets hope the fans calm down, there have been some horrific accidents.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
just wish i was there, my first birthday tommorrow in many years that i havnt, bruce aynstey for us hopefully(y)

Anstey had a little of last night at Keppel gate but luckily walked away,that bike looks a handful around the Island but he says it handles well,the good weather has shown some quick practice times so far,roll on Saturday!!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well Hutchy and Michael Dunlop slugged it out last night both dropping below lap record speeds,maybe a little light rain this morning but been superb weather so far.
Sadly in both the sidecar practices so far a rider has lost his passenger in sector 5 and benn stopped in sector 6 where I Marshall,,
No news yet on injuries.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Dunlop was unbeatable Hutchy had no answer to that Mcguiness looked pretty happy though.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Times like this we remember Ours is a serious sport not a game RIP Dwight Beare & Paul Shoesmith.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Let's hope that's the end of it for this year,been tragic,talking to sector marshall in the Mitre last night,very sad atmosphere here at the moment,will be Marshalling at Rhencullen today.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
3 non race related bike deaths too..
I cannot see the TT lasting much longer in its present form if the carnage continues

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Luckily today's action seems to have gone ahead without any delays or serious incidents.
Hutchy had an incredible day with a 133 lap from a standing start,amazing.
Michael Dunlop was excluded from the results for a technical infringement,we know not yet what it was.
Another rider was also caught with an oversize engine for gods sake!!
Marshalling at Rhencullen another highlight was Mark Higgins doing another record lap in the 550 bhp,yes really!! Subaru rally car,even the bloody camera helicopter had difficulty keeping up!!
Jesus even when you know it's coming it makes you jump with the popping and banging as it arrives.
PS!real hot still on the IOM!!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have to admit I really can't understand how the TT races can continue when there are so many deaths. What other sport would tolerate such carnage? I'm all for maintaining tradition and freedom of choice, etc.. but surely you have to draw the line somewhere and agree the bikes have got too fast for such a tricky (and dangerous, no matter what the dyed in the wool motorcyclists say) course?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is the riders choice.. Folk are full of all the 'human rights' crap, but very quick to nanny state things out of existence forgetting it is just as much a human right of people to risk their life doing something they really enjoy

It will not be the riders who end it but some namby pamby, do gooder, tree hugging, poke nose KAKFA who gets it stopped

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It is the riders choice.. Folk are full of all the 'human rights' crap, but very quick to nanny state things out of existence forgetting it is just as much a human right of people to risk their life doing something they really enjoy

It will not be the riders who end it but some namby pamby, do gooder, tree hugging, poke nose KAKFA who gets it stopped
The argument has been made many times but little has become of it. I don't know how current motor racing statistics would pan out but up to the '70s the IoM TT had a fewer fatal accidents per racing mile than any other form of motorsport.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
If the riders have families then IMO they are selfish individuals, but everyone is entitled to risk there own lives even on an established course like the TT one, which is clearly not suitable for today's bikes
Live and let live but some serious bottle needed to do that course, respect for that

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
All racers are selfish individuals as are mountaineers/climbers, free fall/base jumpers,the list goes on, but its their choice, Iv been lucky enough to have a wife who loves the sport plus she is very competitive as Iv got older my speed has stayed the same & not moved on with the younger riders & she had a job to accept this, If we finished outside the points there would be quite an atmosphere in the awning, but that is the mind set of people who enjoy life on the edge. I have lots of friends that once they do the TT they all but stop doing short circuit stuff, They do the bare minimum of short circuit just to get their mountain licence. they just live for the TT.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010 we have lost 11 friends & family, 10 to cancer 1 to racing.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
If it's a choice of lying rotting in a bed from cancer or wrapping my bike around a tree I know which I'd choose.
First male in our family for 4 generations to get past 50 so on bonus time anyway and intend to enjoy every moment.
Ridden since I was 13 raced for 15 years and loved everyday, raced again last year at 62 first time in 27 years and still loved it but my body wasn't so keen.
An hour racing a bike makes you feel more alive than any other sport.
TT will probably get stopped by the namby pamby brigade eventually but people will always find ways to test themselves. We can't all be boring nanny state whingers thank god.
TT long may it continue.(y)(y)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
The only people qualified to make that decision are those who decide to ride them.
Agreed. No problem with that point of view. I guess taking huge risks for pleasure just isn't in my DNA.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back