Invitation to Orkney (1 Viewer)

K

klaatu

Deleted User
At some point in the next few years we'll be looking to buy a motorhome, so we've started looking at brochures. Because of our location, it's quite difficult to get to see any 'in the flesh'.

So, we thought that maybe we could come to some sort of 'arrangement'. If anyone is coming to Orkney and is considering popping over to the island of Sanday, we'd be happy for you to come and 'use our facilities' - camp on our drive, recharge your batteries, fill up with water etc, in exchange for a guided tour of your motorhome.

Sanday's a great place for 'getting away from it all', see Link Removed.

Here's a view of our 'site'; there's some hard standing and plenty of grass:

Link Removed

If anyone happens to be in the area, please do drop in (PM me for directions).

Steve

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
WOW :Eeek: That's some place you have there................and I thought WE were out in the sticks :ROFLMAO:

What a great offer too - I am sure you won't be short of takers ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
What a good idea and what a lovely place to live, Hope you get plenty of interest and find what yuou are looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
What a great offer, i think you will have a showroom very soon.

Regards

Lampie

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
What a lovely offer, thank you. :thumb:
Thing-is, are you sure the neighbours won't complain ? :ROFLMAO:

regards...nige

OP
OP
K

klaatu

Deleted User
The more the merrier! ::bigsmile:

And if our 'site' fills up, we do actually have a camp site here on Sanday as well.

Steve

scotchjock

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Lunan Bay
Funster No
MH
C class
Honeymoon

Hi Steve
Just read your post, and didn't know the island existed 'til now. As you can see from the title we are going to be on honeymoon after our wedding on 9th May. We would be pleased to show you our Hymer. As a resident of these parts, how long would you advise us to allocate timewise to Orkney, Sanday and Shetland.
We look forward to hearing from you
Roy & Liz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

klaatu

Deleted User
Hi,

It's a difficult question to answer, really, it depends on what sort of things you like doing. You could drive around the island in a day; or you could stay for a few days and enjoy the peace and quiet and take long walks on the empty silver beaches. Maybe go on one of the Ranger's wildlife walks.

Regarding Orkney mainland, believe it or not we don't know it very well. We haven't had chance to explore it yet - so far we've only got over there half a dozen times a year, and then it's a mad dash to do loads of shopping before the ferry back. There's a lot to see, though - you could easily spend a week or two just looking at historic sites.

I'm afraid we don't know anything about Shetland at all, but we'd like to visit it one day :)

Bear in mind that if you came to Sanday, you'd have to time your coming and going with the ferries - typically there are two ferries a day. And it'll cost you about ÂŁ75 return for the motorhome and the two of you.

If that hasn't put you off, we 'd be pleased to see you and your motorhome - the model you have is actually one of the ones we're considering.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back