Invitation to join solo section

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by kaybee, Jun 11, 2012.

1. kaybee

kaybee Funster

Hi Folks
    Would anyone like to invite me tojoin the group. I understand I need a password
    Kaybee :BigGrin:

2. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Hi Kaybee, you are a full member and dont need a password just join in the fun on here, also you are invited to the Rutland water rally, meet in Leicestershire from the 8th July to the 15th July, over 110 other members coming so you can meet loads of us there ok, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  3. maz

maz Funster

Hi kaybee. You only need a password to get into the solo meets section - the rest of the solo travellers section is open to everyone.

I see you are going to the Wrenbury meet. One of us will be able to give you the password there. :Smile:

4. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Kaybee, pop over and say hello to me at Wrenbury. You will be fine ... so many solos now at the meet. :Smile:

5. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

i am not sure there is a solo meet section ?
    no one seams to know what or if there is a password
    hope i am not solo for ever

if i were to know the password as a solo then met some one so no longer being solo would the password have to be changed ?

would i be killed or even worse have to attend other meets only if accompanied ?
    ho this solo password thing may get out of hand :Rofl1::Rofl1:

answers on a post card addressed to JIM
    :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  6. single campervan lady

single campervan lady Read Only Funster

mary

Hi as a new member am i allowed on the solo site, if so how????thank you mary:Eeek:

7. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Hi Mary, you need to pay your £10 for the years subscription to join anything and continue to chat on here, but i dont think that the solo site is here anymore,(only guessing now) but good luck anyway, you wont be sorry paying your £10 as the amount of informayion you can get on here is great, especially being a newbie as well, and always ask on the site if you need to know anything, NO question is stupid ok as we all have had to go there sometimes. Garry Flatpackchicken

8. maz

maz Funster

Hi Mary - you've just posted this in the solo travellers' section so you're in. :BigGrin:

You only need a password for the 'Solo Meets' section - but nothing gets posted in there as most singles just join in at 'normal' Fun rallies. :Smile:

9. scammellmanswife

scammellmanswife

:secret: How come i missed this meet is it full now :Sad:

10. scammellmanswife

scammellmanswife

another clanger :Rofl1: it was last year sorry :Doh:

11. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

I think that there is an unwarranted mystique about the solo section.

There are quite a few of us who travel or motorhome solo and at the shows and meets we are made to feel as welcome as anyone else. It just requires one to be prepared to take the first step and turn up.

Those of us who are "solo" are just as welcome as anyone else, and speaking for myself I have a great time with the funsters. There are no hidden agendas and I never feel out of place. I have met some terrific people, some solo others not, it has no bearing on things.

Keep out of the solo section on the forums and just join in with everyone else is my view.

12. Ladybird

Ladybird Read Only Funster

Hi I have just joined this minute so hopefully will get to know other solo members

• Like Like x 1
  13. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Hi @Ladybird, you need to introduce yourself properly Here, that way you will get lots of welcomes ok(y)

14. Bagram11

Bagram11

Is this solo group still going?

15. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Solos are just a small proportion of MHF members. I wonder if there is some confusion with Trailmates, another forum set up by our leader Jim. As a 'funster' everyone, solo, couples or families can get involved and attend the numerous rallies and get togethers.
    There has been an informal meet for solo Funsters this year, which saw approx 15 units on a site in Lancashire. This was the first meet of its kind and hopefully will be at least an annual event. Hope this clarifies things slightly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bagram11

Bagram11

I presumed it to be for solo travellers as part of MHF. Not sure what the Trailmates is - not looking to travel with anyone, just was seeing if there are other 'solo' travelers at meets etc.

17. Cal54

Bagram11: there are plenty of 'solos' who are members of MH Fun and we just turn up at any rallies we are interested in. It's just a matter of making yourself known to others.
    Look forward to seeing you at a rally soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. g8ysn

g8ysn Funster

look,s like I am a solo camper as my darling wife passed away on 9/5/2015,although she was not in the best of health the course of death is registered as natural causes,I will be saying my farewells on June the 6th the day we got married 45yrs ago,we had just sold our home and downsized,I am in the final stages of getting it how she wanted it,we have some great memories of meetings here and abroad,don't know what I am doing with camper at the moment but will not act in haste,it is in storage at the moment after my car and van were done on the same night,never rains but it pours

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cal54

So sorry to hear of your sad news. Like you say don't make any hasty decisions, hang on to the MH for now until you are in a better place. Hope you continue to go motorhoming, but maybe you just need some time to reflect.

20. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Sorry to hear your news doesn't seem long ago that we were all enjoying Bella Vista, our thoughts are with you at this sad time xxx

John n Kath x