Inverter (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
New to Mo Ho'g read a lot of posts about inverters, know what the principal is but am wondering whether they would be capable of powering a fridge overnight say on a ferry, would it drain/damage the habitation battery completely (and vehicle one if they are linked)?
Ray
Nine tenths of wisdom is being wise in time T Roosevelt

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
You will not be able to run a fridge from an inverter, your batteries will be dead by the time you get off the ferry and may not be recoverable. Best way is to pack your fridge well and do not open it until you are back on power. It should be fine for 12/24 hours as long as you have it packed correctly. Some ferries have charging points EHU to can plug into.
Please do NOT link your vehicle and habs batteries together as you will wake up and not be able to start your MH engine one morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have used the two night crossing to Spain and everything was still frozen when we arrived. As Paul says put some frozen food in the fridge and it worked for us.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
alternatively... don't stock it until you get off the ferry.

for us, buying fresh food abroad is part of the trip ..

only exception would be if visiting Scandinavia where, so I am led to believe, food is very expensive..

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Thanks to all for your answers, pretty much what I anticipated but it is nice to have it confirmed by those that know.
Don Quixote, I thought the two batteries were linked if only for charging purposes, hence the rider to my question in brackets. love your two quotes especially the age one:)
Ray

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks to all for your answers, pretty much what I anticipated but it is nice to have it confirmed by those that know.
Don Quixote, I thought the two batteries were linked if only for charging purposes, hence the rider to my question in brackets. love your two quotes especially the age one:)
Ray
No they are not linked together (that would mean that your MH would be able to take power from VB when parked!) your charging system will have (should have) a split system, so LB gets charge and VB gets charge via solar, EHU or charging system on board when driving.

Thanks I live by the quotes.....
(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back