Inverter (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi guys my wife has got really bad copd, what size inverter could i run off cigarette lighter to run her nebulizer thanks in anticipation regards steve. Any aadvice would be taken in

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Inverters that are suitable for a cigarette lighter are recognisable by having a suitable plug to fit and generally are limited to 150 watts without connecting direct to the battery.

One example
Broken Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Check the wattage of the Nebulizer, according to Google, typically under 100watt , but do check ..

To be safe I would buy a pure sine wave, the one Techno pointed to is a Quasi sine wave.. it may work perfectly well.. or it may damage the nebulizer..

As it's an electronic device, I would play safe and buy a pure sine wave.. the smallest one I know of is the Sterling 200watt which I have just bought for charging Macbooks... it comes with a ciggy plug .. this is it http://sterling-power.com/collections/inverters/products/pro-power-sb-pure-sine-wave-inverters

If you decide on this they can be found a bit cheaper ..

I bought mine here http://www.sp-shop.co.uk/Sterling-P...B-charger-with-Cig-Connector-PN-SIB12200.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are going to run it off a cigarette lighter socket it would worth finding which fuse it uses and where the fuse is - and then carry a couple of spares. I have a little inverter for charging my camera battery as you can't get a 12 volt charger for it but it blew the fuse recently - which shouldn't have happened, but it did.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Macbooker
Broken Link Removed

Saw the Mac charger, also on Amazon, but have read reports of blown Macs using 1/3 party adapters .. but even if no bad reports, if used it voids the Mac warranty , no way would I risk it with a £1500 MacbookPro .. and a £1k Airbook ..

The Sterling will also be used to charge Camera, and video camera batteries , four in total .. + 2 Macs..

I have hard wired mine direct to the battery ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back