Inverter

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stephen harwood, May 17, 2015.

1. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Hi guys my wife has got really bad copd, what size inverter could i run off cigarette lighter to run her nebulizer thanks in anticipation regards steve. Any aadvice would be taken in

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Check the wattage of the Nebulizer, according to Google, typically under 100watt , but do check ..

To be safe I would buy a pure sine wave, the one Techno pointed to is a Quasi sine wave.. it may work perfectly well.. or it may damage the nebulizer..

As it's an electronic device, I would play safe and buy a pure sine wave.. the smallest one I know of is the Sterling 200watt which I have just bought for charging Macbooks... it comes with a ciggy plug .. this is it http://sterling-power.com/collections/inverters/products/pro-power-sb-pure-sine-wave-inverters

If you decide on this they can be found a bit cheaper ..

I bought mine here http://www.sp-shop.co.uk/Sterling-P...B-charger-with-Cig-Connector-PN-SIB12200.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

If you are going to run it off a cigarette lighter socket it would worth finding which fuse it uses and where the fuse is - and then carry a couple of spares. I have a little inverter for charging my camera battery as you can't get a 12 volt charger for it but it blew the fuse recently - which shouldn't have happened, but it did.

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Saw the Mac charger, also on Amazon, but have read reports of blown Macs using 1/3 party adapters .. but even if no bad reports, if used it voids the Mac warranty , no way would I risk it with a £1500 MacbookPro .. and a £1k Airbook ..

The Sterling will also be used to charge Camera, and video camera batteries , four in total .. + 2 Macs..

I have hard wired mine direct to the battery ..

7. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

thanks guys very helpfull regards steve