Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
As you now I have two motorhomes, a Monaco Diplomat which has 5 x 130 amp batteries, 2 x 85 watt solar panels and I can run all appliances no probs for days without running the generator. I have a Holiday Rambler Arista 08 with no inverter on it. That is why i got a 3000 inverter so it will run most things just like the Monaco does. Is that so bad ?:Smile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Lyndon, cost will depend on how you want it wired in, their are 3 ways I can think off.

1) You simply add a few sockets wired directly from the inverter only, this is possibly the cheapest, but obviously won't power any of your existing appliances.

2) Run a feed from the inverter to a socket in you electric locker, when you are off EHU you plug your EHU lead into it and turn your inverter on, this way all your appliances and sockets are live, you will need a switch to turn your battery charger off. This is how I wired my 1800watt inverter in.

3) Wire it in to your existing circuits via a cross over switch like this one from Sterling: Link Removed

I woulds guess at £150-£200 plus parts for No.1 and the others being dearer.

Olley

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
That is why i got a 3000 inverter so it will run most things just like the Monaco does. Is that so bad ?:Smile:

Hi LyndonRV - No not at all, if I have any spare cash after I invest in my MH I would buy a 3kW inverter too but I'll likely have to make do with a 300W hence my thought it may have been a typo.

Now someone has infered you may be upset at seeing some of the jokes above, this was all to do with how one meusures the size of cable you'll need, in a past life I worked in electronics and cables over about 2mm were unheard of so it is quite funny, but in no way aimed at you (or implying some naivety on your part.)

Just for the record option No.2 above is something I hadn't thought of so I've learned from this thread too. Hope you can see the funny side re. the cables :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Lyndon

Phone Mark (ref. post #28) on Monday and not only will he give you a price plus do a damn good job, he will also tell you what it's capabilities or limitations are as well.

You won't find a better auto electrician locally.....this guy really knows all about electrics. Plus he's something of a 'workaholic' too!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back