Inverter on HymerB584

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by barnstormer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. barnstormer

barnstormer Deleted User

Hi
    I have purchased a 500 watt inverter to use on the rare occaisions I stay in a site without hookup.My leisure battery is located underneath the drivers seat and not very accessible.
    I am wondering where in the vehicle I can connect to?Has anyone experienced the same problem?Any ideas would be welcolm.

Regards
    Barnstormer

2. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Hi barnstormer
    We made-up a 12v extension lead using parts from maplins and keep this connected to the leisure battery, then just lay-it out and use-it when needed. :thumb:
    To be honest i couldn't think of another way of doing-it at the time and havn't bothered since as it works! :thumb: :thumb:

regards...nige

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

An inverter will draw huge amounts of current, slide the seat off its mounts to reveal the battery. then using heavy duty cables connect using very short leads a bracket mounted 20amp Cigar socket into which the inverter will plug. Plug it in only when you need it which should be very infrequently. Inverts use huge amounts of current and will flatten a small battery very quickly. You are better off changing to 12v appliences, Battery power is a finite resource.