Invented new WMT traction-control system!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SadGeek, Mar 13, 2010.

1. SadGeek

SadGeek Read Only Funster

We bought our first MH two months ago, and had our first trip three weeks ago; A week touring the hilly bit of Normandy.

It never rose above -2, so we couldn't load-up water. All the campsites were 'ferme', all the Aires were frozen, and we could only travel between 1:00pm and 2:00pm when there was a mild thaw that made driving feasible, though risky. We pretty much spent the week holed-up in church car-parks (Sanctuary!). At the end of the week, we made it to a friends' house, then had to make a break for Calais, which involved a precisely-timed run at some particularly roller-coastery TelleyTubbies hills. The last hill was a 1-in7 monster with vast ditches either side. I made it to within four feet of the top, and the drive wheels started slipping and my new £30k toy started sliding very slowly backwards. That's when I invented the revolutionary WMT traction control system:
    [​IMG]

2. SadGeek

SadGeek Read Only Funster

This is a photo I took of the hill after we'd got safely up it. Epic. (Edit: sorry about the massive size of the original pic. Build-up of ice in the brain. Fixed now...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

it would help a lot if you made photso smaller before posting them, even replying has a massive wide screen now.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

your mates got the idea......give it a good kicking....but your wife cant push from where she's standing, or are you aiming to run her over ? :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Errr !!!! hang on a minute.

This is a photo I took of the hill after we'd got safely up it.

looks like the bottom of the hill looking upwards to me...:Doh::Rofl1:

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Bloody excellent !!!!

Must remember the towels in future !