Oct 20, 2011
Australia
Funster No
MH
Own caravan
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi everybody,
I am from Australia and an avid caravan user over here. I will be travelling to the UK in May 2012 and looking to hire a motor home for 2-3 weeks to see the country. Can anyone suggest a reputable hire company or let me know if they know any members who hire out privately. There will be just my wife and myself travelling and spending the biggest portion of the trip down south with a possible trip to Cumbria to visit friends. Do you have many RV parks throughout the country and what is May like for touring. We travel mainly through our winter and head north towards the sun and some warm weather.
Regards and best wishes,
Geoff Wiles (geolin3@bigpond.com)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
G'Day Geoff, we have lots of hire companies here and May is a great time to tour the UK. Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. Firstly there are many Caravan sites around the UK, though quite a few are members only. hiring a motorhome could well be a problem with regards to insurance. This has come up before and not sure if it was ever solved.
I think maybe Peter is not asleep, possibly there is an insurance problem with hiring to non British residents.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Geoff,

You may find problems getting insurance cover being a non UK resident and an Australian licence, daft seeing as we Brits don't have a problem hiring in Oz.

You could email us with your details and Gill will see if it is possible.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back